This morning I did an update of one of my apps through App World. When I tried to restart my Torch it started running through the normal process but the little white progress bar at the bottom does not fill up and it just stops. I have tried a battery pull several times but the result is always the same. I have tried connecting to Desktop Manager but since my phone never boots it is never recognized by my computer. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    11-02-11 07:58 AM
    Try Safe Mode and delete the update:

1. Remove battery
    2. Re-insert battery
    3. Wait for red light to turn off
    4. Before white bar hold the ESCAPE key. KEEP holding until the bar is done loading.
    5. Accept Safe Mode
    6. Backup your phone via BB DM and BBSAK (3rd party app backup)
    7. Delete the updated app and reboot as normal
    8. Repeat (minus step 6) and delete another app

Are you using Vodafone 668? I just had this happen with 666 and now 668 as well.
    11-02-11 08:27 AM
    Sadly that did not work for me and I was unable to get my phone to start in safe mode. Any other suggestions?

My carrier is AT&T
    11-02-11 11:04 AM
    I've had it happen with .600, 666, and .668. The only fix that I was able to use is first using BBSAK to backup my 3rd party apps if I haven't done this before. It may reboot before you get to do anything else. When it restarts, connect through BBSAK again and if you know that last applications COD and are familiar with how BBSAK works, remove it. Last ditch effort is AppLoader and OS of your choice (official .600, unofficial, 668). Pull battery> reconnect USB cable> launch AppLoader> Load OS. Sometimes this may lock it down so that you may see your application in the list and should just be able to remove it and do nothing to the other applications so that they stay on your phone. Its a tedious process, but it may get you back working.
    11-02-11 11:58 AM
    I've had it happen with .600, 666, and .668. The only fix that I was able to use is first using BBSAK to backup my 3rd party apps if I haven't done this before. It may reboot before you get to do anything else. When it restarts, connect through BBSAK again and if you know that last applications COD and are familiar with how BBSAK works, remove it.

man you're my saver. BBSAK did the trick for me, it allowed me to erase the last app i installed on my phone that made it go on endless boot.

didn't know about this great BBSAK software.

i was afraid i had to completely wipe my BB Torch 'cause i didnt boot even in safe mode.
    but thanks to your hint i go it restored without losing any data.
    11-03-11 03:44 AM
    man you're my saver. BBSAK did the trick for me, it allowed me to erase the last app i installed on my phone that made it go on endless boot.

didn't know about this great BBSAK software.

i was afraid i had to completely wipe my BB Torch 'cause i didnt boot even in safe mode.
    but thanks to your hint i go it restored without losing any data.
    Your very much welcome. I have beta tested a lot of apps from RIM and beta zone. BBSAK has been my go to program for situations like this. Especially if you run non-official OS's, though, even the official ones have more issues and lag behind in the updates.
    thecrackmaster likes this.
    11-04-11 08:41 PM
    Same problem here, at&t torch 9800. I've restored nuked blackberrys time and time again but this time my torch is beyond nuked. BBSAK and crackutil will not recognize it. I can't even wipe. Can't believing I'm hoping for a 507 error but I can't even get that. Help?
    11-04-11 09:08 PM
    I wipe my bb using bbsak then install 668 but it said no update detected. I allready delete vendor.xml. Can someone please help me??
    11-07-11 12:31 AM
    hey i have a at&t torch also and im having the same problem
    11-07-11 01:02 PM
    I wipe my bb using bbsak then install 668 but it said no update detected. I allready delete vendor.xml. Can someone please help me??
    Uninstall the OS then delete the apploader folder and the Loader Files folder under common files\research in motion\shared. Reboot, reinstall OS and delete vendor.xml.
    11-11-11 11:29 AM
    I am not experiencing this right now but have twice in the past. The first time I did the app loader , battery pull thing and man it was tedious. The last time I became aware of the safe mode boot up and it worked which was a lot less problematic. Anyway I am just trying to read up on anything I can find about this since I am sure it will happen again one day. Can anybody tell me what is the purpose of deleting the vendor.xml file and what it does? Also does BBSAK do a entire backup or does it just do a backup of your 3rd party apps? Should I also continue to use DM in addition to BBASK to get a complete backup? I mean when you get into this situation the DM is useless. It won't even talk to your phone. Both times this has happened to me I was doing an app upgrade. Kinda makes you a little gun shy if you know what I mean.
    04-02-12 09:17 AM
    How do you connect to bbsak??? Because I downloaded it other day to install something but it won't connect to my device
    04-02-12 03:18 PM
    I use the usb cable to hook ph to pc. BBSAK will prompt you for a password but I don't use one. It just connects after that
    04-02-12 03:56 PM
    i used the BBSAK without problems as said. But i have had the unfortunate circumstance of having to do a battery pull- app loader reload of my OS three time last month was starting to get a little concerned. I'm quite curious as to the reason for deleting the vendor file. I also got some questions: 1. What caused these rebooting problems? 2. what is and how do you perform this safe boot you mentioned?
    04-02-12 06:58 PM
    In order to boo tint safe mode you take battery out and while holding down on the back key (the one to the left of the red key) insert the battery. Continue to hold down the back key during the entire boot up until the home screen appears
    04-02-12 07:04 PM
    what exactly does the mini safe boot provide O.o? i have gone through a number of these reboot problems and will feel very...stupid... if a simple alternative was all that was required. i have a large number of apps and i didn't know how to back up these apps while the phone was stuck in the boot until the last occurrence.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800
    04-02-12 07:13 PM
    booting into safe mode will allow you to gain access to your phone again. When you are caught in the endless boot cycle you can't even work with your phone or connect it to the DM. Anyway in my situation I was in the endless boot cycle after downloading a update to an app I had on my phone. After booting into safe mode since I knew what app was causing the problem I was able to go into the options then device and uninstall that app and then my phone rebooted normal. I lost no data or info on the phone what so ever. Unlike the time before when I ended up doing a complete wipe and reload of the OS and having to set the phone up from scratch. I just learned about the safe mode boot up yesterday so it was new to me also and I was so happy to find that I didn't have to go through the same hassle I did the time before. Hope this helps
    04-02-12 07:20 PM
    that you so much for that info...now i feel stupid...but informed...thanks again. now the question remains. whats the purpose of the vendor.xml file

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800
    04-02-12 07:31 PM
    i would love to know about the vendor.xml file as well. I wonder if removing it will allow to run a version of the OS that is not approved by your particular carrier.
    04-02-12 07:35 PM
    I suspected that the first time i saw the instructions about deleting it...but here in jamaica the OS you put on is of no business to the service provide so i'm still contemplating any other reasons
    04-02-12 07:39 PM
    pls im having the same problem wit my 9810, it wouldnt boot and the red light coomes on for 3 seconds and goes off, ive downloaded bbsak but it cNT CONNECT TO MY DEVICE,ive downloaded the OS 7 and used the app loader but it gets to a point saying its reconnecting with JVM and it would connect successfully , it tells me to retry or cancel, i retry but it wouldnt work. i dont tink its a nuked berry problem cause its not evenshowing the loading bar, pls what else can i do?
    06-12-12 06:02 PM
    my torch wont come on at all it doesnt show the red light when i do a battery pull
    06-27-12 11:34 PM
    I've had it happen with .600, 666, and .668. The only fix that I was able to use is first using BBSAK to backup my 3rd party apps if I haven't done this before. It may reboot before you get to do anything else. When it restarts, connect through BBSAK again and if you know that last applications COD and are familiar with how BBSAK works, remove it. Last ditch effort is AppLoader and OS of your choice (official .600, unofficial, 668). Pull battery> reconnect USB cable> launch AppLoader> Load OS. Sometimes this may lock it down so that you may see your application in the list and should just be able to remove it and do nothing to the other applications so that they stay on your phone. Its a tedious process, but it may get you back working.

Please help, I have the same problem, I* dont know what is BBSAK
    01-09-13 08:58 AM
    Hi

Can Someone Please please please help me,
    I was downloading a app and my phone went off.
    It reboots to 75% and the starts rebooting again.
    I tried starting the phone is safe mode but that do not work on my phone (Torch 9800)
    Please help me.
    Last edited by Bradzz; 01-10-13 at 07:07 AM.
    01-10-13 06:46 AM
    Please help, I have the same problem, I* dont know what is BBSAK
    Sorry to be a smarta$$, but have you heard of Google? Quicker to look it up than wait for someone to reply.

BBSAK = BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife
    BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife
    01-10-13 05:27 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD