Just when I thought I finally got a good Torch, it seems as though that has gone down the drain.

The first day after I bought my Torch, I noticed when scrolling through app world that I was scrolling an item or two more than I had actually done on the trackpad, which I at the time assumed to be just getting used to the sensitivity of the new trackpad (I turned the sensitivity on my 9700 down to 50, from 70).

However, when I sat my Torch down on my desk today, I thought (and hoped) my eyes were deceiving me, my Torch was scrolling across views, without my hand being anywhere near my device. It scrolled right across all the homescreen views, and kept doing so until I put my finger on the trackpad, at which point it promptly stopped.

So it seems that my new Torch has a faulty trackpad, just like the faulty trackpad on CrackBerry Kevin's 9780 (which always was scrolling up) and I'm going to have to do an exchange.

Has anyone else had this problem with their Torch? I've heard of it on the 9780, but this is the first time I've experienced it first hand, and the first time I know of it happening on a Torch.

I'm hoping that when I walk in-store and tell them what's up, they're not going to look at me and thing I'm insane, as I can't always get this issue to show itself, sometimes it will, sometimes it won't, however I've verified it's not caused by light reflection or anything, as I've had it happen in total darkness before.

It seems the Torch has not been a good device for me, this will be my 3rd Torch. D:
    Last edited by xDAKx; 04-15-11 at 05:56 AM.
    04-15-11 05:53 AM
    If your BB is on warranty do not be afraid. Go at the store and change it. Your BB is defect for sure.
    04-15-11 06:11 AM
    I knew some trackpads were defective.. Mine is a little bit. But not as much as that. I think you should take it in if it moves so much with no touch. My moves the slightest little bit, and always down to the right, so it's not big deal. I hardly ever notice it anymore. But if I was you, I would exchange it.
    04-15-11 06:55 AM
    Bad luck well change the device because it is defective

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-11 07:21 AM
    AT&T were very good about it, and exchanged the device without any issues.

I talked to four reps, all four have heard of the problem but all agreed that it's very rare, so if anyone ever has this issue with their device (for people who may come across this post in the future) get in touch with your carrier and get an exchange.
    04-15-11 09:43 PM
    I've never had that or any other problem with my Torch after 3 months of using it. Tough luck for you but hopefully 4th time's the charm.
    04-15-11 09:49 PM
    No problems yet. I just hope mine doesn't become possessed like that
    04-15-11 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD