Hello all,

As you can see below, there is no fixed date. Here is a summary of the different dates I heard directly from Telus employee in chronological order:

1) From 2 different loyalty agent (2-3 weeks ago): Sept 24th
    2) From the 3 different corporate stores today: Sept 24th, Oct 1st, Oct 16th
    3) From the 2 different client care agent today: Sept 24th, Sept 26th

Maybe Sept 24th is still good, but I doubt it!

Cheers,
    09-22-10 08:28 PM
    My bet is in mid October.
    09-22-10 08:38 PM
    If there is not an official release date by next Friday, I'm going to Rogers. Just simply because I can't stand how Telus treats their customers, and the fail of communication that's been happening surrounding this device. The dates I've heard are the 16, 17, 24, 28, Oct.1, Oct.8, and Oct.16. All coming from Telus reps.
    09-22-10 08:50 PM
    Telus has the worst inventory planners.
    09-22-10 08:52 PM
    No one knows for sure. The press release the had on September first said "targeted launch September 24" and they haven't said anything to the contrary...although that doesn't really make me feel any better.

It's pretty poor that that they don't tell people one way or another. The closer they get to the supposed launch date without letting anyone know, the worse it would be if there is a delay.
    09-22-10 09:28 PM
    This is exactly a recap of the S1 *shakes head*
    09-22-10 09:30 PM
    No one knows for sure. The press release the had on September first said "targeted launch September 24" and they haven't said anything to the contrary...although that doesn't really make me feel any better.

It's pretty poor that that they don't tell people one way or another. The closer they get to the supposed launch date without letting anyone know, the worse it would be if there is a delay.
    I have a feeling that if it releases on Friday, we won't find out until that day. Chances are, we won't get any news from Telus until the device is actually out. I foresee them pushing the release back 2-3 weeks, then when it finally comes out it will be back ordered for at least a month.

I don't want to go into Telus on Friday morning and hear "lolz, no, not out yet, come back another time."

My contract on my Storm 1 expired close to a month ago, so I've been waiting that long to upgrade.
    09-22-10 09:41 PM
    I was just thinking about the whole leaving telus if they don't have it... but look at this...

Rogers BlackBerry Torch 9800 will "begin arriving" on September 27th, online ordering available on the 24th | MobileSyrup.com
    09-22-10 09:50 PM
    for those who cant wait and are crying about it... just suck it up and buy an AT&T one and be done with it. I did and have been loving it for the past 2 weeks now!!
    09-22-10 10:10 PM
    I went to best buy and spoke with a client care rep from telus tonight. Best buy was a waste of time as they didnt seem to know anything, all he said to me was I heard it was Oct 1.

The telus rep told me they are still on track for Sept 24, but it could be the 25 depending on delivery schedules, He put me on hold and spoke to someone (manager maybe?)to verify this. I inquired about all sites showing as comming soon with no fixed date and he replied that the reason for it is because they are anticipating large crowds for the release of the phone and are worried about stock shortages, therefor they are trying to play it safe by not officially announcing it on their website until launch day. He also told me that everyone in the client care department has been trained on the torch so that they are able to answer questions when people call with inquiries or problems after its release.

Hopefully hes right, but he did seem to know what he was talking about, but he also did say after telling me these things that there is a small chance the date could be pushed back a few days but as it stands right now its still on for the 24th or 25th.
    09-22-10 11:14 PM
    Hello everyone, I recently started working inside sales at a telus store in BC, Canada. Release date is on the 24th; however, it all depends on if they are delivered that day. The wait will be worth it
    09-22-10 11:35 PM
    Thanks for sharing JT, I'm sure some telus customers here will welcome the heads-up.
    09-23-10 04:39 AM
    I went to best buy and spoke with a client care rep from telus tonight. Best buy was a waste of time as they didnt seem to know anything, all he said to me was I heard it was Oct 1.

The telus rep told me they are still on track for Sept 24, but it could be the 25 depending on delivery schedules
    , He put me on hold and spoke to someone (manager maybe?)to verify this. I inquired about all sites showing as comming soon with no fixed date and he replied that the reason for it is because they are anticipating large crowds for the release of the phone and are worried about stock shortages, therefor they are trying to play it safe by not officially announcing it on their website until launch day. He also told me that everyone in the client care department has been trained on the torch so that they are able to answer questions when people call with inquiries or problems after its release.

Hopefully hes right, but he did seem to know what he was talking about, but he also did say after telling me these things that there is a small chance the date could be pushed back a few days but as it stands right now its still on for the 24th or 25th.
    Dude Check this out !!! im soo totally Pissed ! I for 4 diffrent answers from 4 different People at best buy

http://http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/r...b3cd54a454en99

and then click here

http://http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/c...ile/20006.aspx
    One says Sept 24 and the other say's Commin soon - HMMMM I think IM gonna argue with this one too
    what do you think
    09-23-10 06:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD