I just got the Torch today and I'm trying to change the A speed dial which is set by default to lock keypad. I tried following the advice of how to change it on other models, but when I went to edit speed dial list, then to A and hit enter, it just locked the keypad.

Anyone know how I can change it?

Thanks
    09-29-10 08:30 PM
    I don't believe there's any option to change this yet. Its like the "1" key being locked to voicemail on an old cell phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-10 08:53 PM
    why bother? on the top left lies the Lock key! use that one.
    09-30-10 01:46 AM
    why bother? on the top left lies the Lock key! use that one.
    i'm not trying to lock the phone, im trying to change it so when i hold down A it dials a speed dial of my choice, instead of locking the phone
    09-30-10 07:27 AM
    If you look in the speed dial list you will see a lock on the right of the A, which means you can't use it for speed dial. Same with Q (switch Profiles) and W/1 (voice mail).
    09-30-10 11:55 AM
    if this is a huge concern for you.. return the phone.
    OR
    put your A Contact to homescreen then to favorites.
    that's my touchscreen speed dial..
    no need to open the keyboard..
    09-30-10 12:02 PM
    if this is a huge concern for you.. return the phone.
    OR
    put your A Contact to homescreen then to favorites.
    that's my touchscreen speed dial..
    no need to open the keyboard..
    I agree. By putting all your normal speed dials as individual icons under your "Favorites" tab you have a touchscreen speed dial for each contact and don't even need to bother with sliding your phone open to get to the physical keyboard. In your contacts scroll down to the contact you want, hit the menu bberry key and "Add to home screen" and make sure "Mark as Favorite" is checked and click "add." Now on your "All" tab you will have the contact and also in your "Favorites." To keep things clean under my "All" tab I move all of the contacts scattered around to a new folder I created on the screen labeled "SpeedContacts" All of your new touchscreen speed dials will be neatly alphabetized under your "Favorites" tab. Works pretty slick and hope this helps.
    09-30-10 12:28 PM
    I did something similar...
    09-30-10 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD