Here is the video
    Untitled on Vimeo

Hi all. I have been using my torch for like 4 months now and i have been loving it so far. It all went smoothly till yesterday I noticed something strange happening.
    When i slide it down the screen goes black, it just like turns off and none of the buttons are working, even the lock button on the top.
    Also when im on the phone with someone, if i slide it down it just end's the call. It never used to do that and the screen was always functional either way closed and open.
    I did try to take out the battery and put it back it but no luck.
    Even when i switch it on and the black loading screen comes up, if i slide it down, the screen just goes dark aggain.
    Any suggestions, should I give Orange a ring?
    Cheers

Untitled on Vimeo
    04-08-11 11:37 AM
    I would give Orange a call and possibly ask for a replacement cause that is not a commonly known issue, seems like defective hardware
    04-08-11 11:52 AM
    Have you dropped your bb, or gotten it wet recently?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-11 12:14 PM
    Have you dropped your bb, or gotten it wet recently?

I think I have, I was on the phone when it was raining, I am sure that a few drops got in. Could that be the problem, is it fixable?

04-08-11 01:17 PM
    I think I have, I was on the phone when it was raining, I am sure that a few drops got in. Could that be the problem, is it fixable?

I have had my phone in the rain before as well, and it did not have any issues, however, it is always a possibility... It would depend also, on when your phone got wet.

There are a couple of threads out there on what to do with a wet phone, but essentially, you want to disassemble it as best you can, and clean it with a high concentrated alcohol, and then put all the disassembeled parts in a ziploc bag with some uncooked rice, and leave them in there for at least 48h. Essentally the rice draws out the water

Water damage is not so much caused by the water, but rather mineral deposits left behind. That's where the alcohol comes in.

Again, it's not for certain that the water is the cause, but the treatment couldn't hurt... I would check out the other threads on water damage first as well, perhaps someone had the same, or similar issue...

04-08-11 02:07 PM
    I have had my phone in the rain before as well, and it did not have any issues, however, it is always a possibility... It would depend also, on when your phone got wet.

There are a couple of threads out there on what to do with a wet phone, but essentially, you want to disassemble it as best you can, and clean it with a high concentrated alcohol, and then put all the disassembeled parts in a ziploc bag with some uncooked rice, and leave them in there for at least 48h. Essentally the rice draws out the water

Water damage is not so much caused by the water, but rather mineral deposits left behind. That's where the alcohol comes in.

Again, it's not for certain that the water is the cause, but the treatment couldn't hurt... I would check out the other threads on water damage first as well, perhaps someone had the same, or similar issue...

Sounds really complicated. And if i do that, will that not have any impact the phones 1yr warranty?
    04-08-11 04:23 PM
    Sounds really complicated. And if i do that, will that not have any impact the phones 1yr warranty?
    Dousing the phone in alcohol will most likely void the warranty. If the phone under warranty, why don't you just exchange it, as it sounds like a hardware issue...

04-08-11 04:29 PM
    First thing first, behind the battery there's a little white sticker, if its any color besides white. It got wet and there's not jack you can do about(including warranty) it other then what Tbrenn mentioned about taking it apart(since the warranty is already voided this wont hurt it anymore then it already is). If it is white then simply take it back for a replacement. You'll more then likely get a refurb, but its better then what you have at the moment,
    04-08-11 04:34 PM
    You will not believe what just happened. Yesterday befire going to sleep I took the battery out and left it like that for a night, today after putting back in I noticed that it works just like it should and I have no more problems. Sick

04-09-11 04:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD