Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me solve this issue. 3 days ago my torch was flawless but now the screen started selecting twice when I click the right side, chooses the left side as well. Some have had this issue in the past but I think it is not a hardware issue but some glitch with the software... Have you experiences this ???thanks for any help in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-10 03:18 PM
    nope haven't really experienced it, try reloading the os or downgrade..if it still happens, maybe you have a defective digitizer..
    12-15-10 12:17 AM
    I had this on one device. Trust me, I did everything possible trying to fix it from an advanced end users perspective with no luck. Exchange the device.

For me when entering a password to unlock the device, the OSK "p" key would also select the "q" key. Key for key right side mated with the left side this would happen.

12-15-10 12:30 AM
    interesting, I have a brand new Torch and it does the same thing, I restored it to factory and it worked fine for a couple days, not when I make a call it double hits with the number all the way to the left of the collum I am hitting and then hit the number I want. This sucks, no fix or work around, not a good start for a phone that is supposed to be the top of the line
    12-15-10 08:42 PM
    Nope, exchange the device. A wipe or clean OS install with only RIM apps worked for up to a day for me as well, then the problem returned. I can list what all I tried but that might be a bit discouraging. To save time and further frustration, I recommend exchanging the device.

12-15-10 10:19 PM
    Nope, exchange the device. A wipe or clean OS install with only RIM apps worked for up to a day for me as well, then the problem returned. I can list what all I tried but that might be a bit discouraging. To save time and further frustration, I recommend exchanging the device.

I'm starting to feel the same way, I've downgraded os from .337 to the latest recommended wich is .2xx and tried almost EVERYTHING the phone is worse every day. Now the problem with registering the left side when you press the right side is gone, which I was really happy with, the phone was ok after I posted this, it only lasted a few days, now I can't even press anything in the bottom, down to the last row, the scrolling is almost gone and this phone is turning into junk... and the problem is that I can't return it since I bought it on ebay a while ago and it is a problem with ATT not the guy who sold it to me.

I don't know if I should take it apart and trying to fix it or just leave it like that and throw it to the trash.... I'm not getting another torch for now... 500 USD is not easy to throw away. Maybe later a 9780, after 2 bolds no issues since the '08 with the first 9000.
    01-12-11 09:05 PM
    New digitizer is $21 on ebay w/ free shipping. Even if it doesn't fix it, hey it was only 20 bucks. It very well might fix it, maybe the ribbon cable was poorly bonded to the glass and a few pins lost contact. Sounds like your only option if you're positive it can't be exchanged.

(Hehe, still had this on my clipboard, here ya go):
    Blackberry Torch 9800 Take Apart Repair Guide
    01-12-11 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD