Hey guys

I scoured the forum and I could not find anything quite like what I'm experiencing. For a few days now, my screen goes through these fits where it refuses to come on. The 4 main buttons at the bottom would light up as normal and I can receive calls but nothing with the screen. I try sliding out and back in and of course battery pulls. I'd be trying with it for like an hour and it just "comes back" when it feels like and all is well.

Now today the problem got a touch more interesting....when it came back from its last fit, it refuses to respond when the screen is slid out so I basically have a storm for the time being.

Anyone heard of a similar problem?
    07-20-11 09:41 PM
    No thoughts at all? :-(
    07-22-11 12:35 AM
    Hey guys

I scoured the forum and I could not find anything quite like what I'm experiencing. For a few days now, my screen goes through these fits where it refuses to come on. The 4 main buttons at the bottom would light up as normal and I can receive calls but nothing with the screen. I try sliding out and back in and of course battery pulls. I'd be trying with it for like an hour and it just "comes back" when it feels like and all is well.

Now today the problem got a touch more interesting....when it came back from its last fit, it refuses to respond when the screen is slid out so I basically have a storm for the time being.

Anyone heard of a similar problem?
    That sounds like a hardware problem, haven't heard of a software bug like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-11 09:56 PM
    +1 for hardware prob

Take it to an at&t service center
    07-24-11 01:01 AM
    no, this is quite special, just ask the phone service.
    07-24-11 10:26 PM
    I'm having a similar problem for a week or two now. Most of the times when i slide my phone open it freezes and when i slide it down, it works. I thinks theres a problem with the hardware where the screen is not properly connected or something. **** quality phone.

I'm currently outside of the UK and cannot go to my carrier to repair it.
    07-25-11 01:23 PM
    08-02-11 06:49 AM
    I checked out your post and I really hope that isn't what is affecting my phone. I was coasting along as a happy "storm" user, learning to love the touchscreen, when after one accidental slide up, my screen has refused to come on in the past 2 days. Thankfully my playbook gives me access to everything except texts but who uses those anyway lol. I called my technician and he thinks it's an issue with my lcd connectors or flex cable.

Now I've had my phone over a year and I'm based in Barbados so I don't think sending it back is an option for me so hopefully my guy is right.....
    08-21-11 11:29 AM
    I have the same problem with my Torch. I have two theories (I am typically not a conspiracy theorist):

1. I am a few days out of warranty so the problems start!

2. The 9810 was released today on ATT, so the problems on my 9800 started to prompt me to get the 9810.

I truly have no idea. It seems like a hardware problem, but cant be sure. I updated to the latest ATT OS. I cleaned memory and cache. Removed any apps I wasnt actively using....but it still has problems, but it seems like it is better????
    08-21-11 11:53 AM
    same problem. Had my phone just under a year, but no extra purchased warranty. Will my carrier (vodafoneuk) do anything for me?
    09-23-11 07:17 PM
    ok, i am about to start another thread, I have one with a similar issue, only the screen doesnt come on at all.

It is a friends and she dropped it on its face.

Has had a new screen and digitizer so that counts that out. all cables, connectors and boards have been examined for damage and are ok. Thinking a chip is damaged on the main board as the phone is perfect apart from the screen.
    09-25-11 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD