My blackberry Screen has been blank, but the keypad lights, the red and green button and the escape buttons lights when i flip.

I have done several battery pull outs, all not solved it. When i do a battery pull out and put the battery back, i see the red led light for like few seconds, than it goes off, but i don't see the screen loading the white line loading...i see nothing on the screen.

The phone works perfectly, cos when i am called and flip it open or hit the green button i can receive calls, though i can't see who's calling since the screen is blank

Also when i receive emails or bbms, it alerts me, but because the screen is blank, i obviously can't read it.

Please does anyone that have the solution, tell me how to solve it specificly? I mean specifics not the trial and error mode of pull out battery (which i have done and it solves nothing) or reloading os

Hopefully someone else must have had this issue and solved it

Thanks
    04-25-11 06:08 PM
    Well, sounds to me like your screen is bad.
    04-25-11 06:22 PM
    Well, sounds to me like your screen is bad.
    that about sums it up... have you recently dropped your phone, or gotten it wet? sounds like an issue with the screen itself..

BB's have a 1yr warranty... as the device turns on, back it up with desktop manager, and then bring it to where you bought it for a replacement... there is no real "sure fire quick fix" for what sounds like damae, or a severe hardware issue...
    04-25-11 11:00 PM
    Anyone else? Responses so far are speculations.
    I need someone who has had or has seen such problem rectified
    04-26-11 04:38 AM
    Try to re-load the os. Do a battery pull after.
    04-26-11 06:15 AM
    After my torch got wet this is exactly what happened. Your LCD is dead.
    04-26-11 06:58 AM
    After my torch got wet this is exactly what happened. Your LCD is dead.
    Mine didn't get wet and i am sure yours didn't turn on at all when it got wet.
    Mine turns on , can make calls (obviously last dialed number if press the green button), receive sms, bbm, emails, can be seen on my pc and i can access my files on the p through the usb chord.
    Also i doubt if it was the OS , it would still function perfectly
    Has anyone had this issue? most responses are just trial and error i need someone who has actually had this same problem solved without dropping his phone or having it wet
    04-26-11 05:16 PM
    Mine didn't get wet and i am sure yours didn't turn on at all when it got wet.
    Mine turns on , can make calls (obviously last dialed number if press the green button), receive sms, bbm, emails, can be seen on my pc and i can access my files on the p through the usb chord.
    Also i doubt if it was the OS , it would still function perfectly
    Has anyone had this issue? most responses are just trial and error i need someone who has actually had this same problem solved without dropping his phone or having it wet
    If it connects to your PC, back it up..if you have searched the fourms with no luck, You may not find someone with this exact problem... Back it up, and if you are within the 1yr warranty, bring it back for a replacement...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 05:45 PM
    up...........hopefully someone knows the solution
    04-29-11 12:57 PM
    If the device has not been physically damaged, return it to your provider since it will be covered by the warranty.

If the device has been physically damaged, then you will need to file an insurance claim if you have insurance, buy a new LCD and fix it yourself, or take it to a shop for repair.
    04-29-11 01:01 PM
    It sounds like no one else has experienced this issue. Go to your carrier and exchange it. It really sounds like your LCD is dead. Many people on this site are very knowledgable, even if it is speculation and trial and error guesses. Your best bet is honestly to take it to the carrier.
    04-29-11 01:47 PM
    my screen is black but if i look reaaaally reaaaally hard i can see my background lol. i got mine wet then it went all crazy on me. im gonna back everything up when i get home and send it away, i had it in rice al day, im too impatient to wait and see if that works!!
    10-22-11 08:39 PM
    I know this is an older thread however it resolved my problem so I had to say thanks!
    02-26-12 04:45 PM
    I have had this exact issue. The 1st time it happened it was under under warranty from the carrier (AT&T) over a year ago. I went to the Device Support Center and they replaced the phone. Today it happened again. It is no longer under warranty and I don't have insurance on the phone. AT&T said there is nothing they can do. My bluetooth is still connected to my PlayBook and in my vehicle. That's the only way I can see who is calling me. Is this a defect in the 9800?
    03-08-12 11:03 PM
    I'm having the exact same issue the OP is having.

Happened to me last week... the phone was working, did some updates to apps, then it started to bug out.
    When I would unlock the phone, the Unlock Panel on the screen would look fuzzy, similar to how a TV would when you would tune into a channel that was 'snowy'.
    Id manage to unlock it, but then the main menu would have off colours and be a mirror image of what should have been displayed. If I disabled the screen and re-enabled it (Top Left button on the phone) the screen would be fine. The day following these problems, it was fine in the morning, but about an hour after I woke up it wouldn't turn on at all.

The phone was rarely dropped, and never got wet, aside from a bit of light rain (and not even recently). So, thinking it had to do with the software updates I did, I backed up all the content on the phone using the DM application, wiped the OS completely from the phone and reloaded the current OS.

The display still wont work, however the touch screen itself still functions... I just can't see what I'm touching

My phone is out of warranty (16 months old) and Rogers, my carrier, wont really do anything to help me aside from charge me for a replacement/new phone.

Any other ideas for solutions? I'm thinking of just cracking it open and checking for a lose wire or something at this point.
    04-04-12 03:02 PM
    My Torch has done something similar. I gave it a good cleaning, taking the back cover off and blowing it out etc and after that the screen wont turn back on. It is clearly alive as it works in every way except the screen simply stays black.

I have replaced the entire front section (LCD, Home keys, slider and Digitizer) but still no more life than before.

I have countless times checked all the connections over again but there is simply no life in it.
    04-26-12 07:38 AM
    Just wanted to post here that i'm having the same problem with the same phone. Been searching google and researching for days without a solution. If anybody has found a solution, please post here, I'm sure it would help so many people including me. Thank you!
    05-19-12 01:11 AM
    I'm having the same issue. Bell told me I have to backup, restore, then if that doesn't work I can send it for repair. I'm pissed it's under a year old and they should just straight up replace the phone. I love my torch but I'm getting really sick of having to use the on screen keyboard. Even though it will be blatantly ignored I'm going to send an email to RIM telling them what I think of this problem.
    05-25-12 07:36 PM
    Any1 think it could be a fault with the flex cable? i have the same problem i just put new screen and digitizer in mine but it still dont work i seen the flex cables on ebay so that got me thinking....
    05-31-12 12:17 PM
    Have the torch 9800 also, and it has been happening to me for the past 2 weeks, keyboard works, but only get a blank screen. If i unlock and lock it constantly it'll go back on by it self after a couple of times. Really need some advice on this I'm willing to try anything and don't want to upgrade yet.
    06-14-12 08:21 PM
    Hi Peeps,

I think it's the flex ribbon that is connected to the lcd ! I had the same problem after constantly slide ur phone ur flex get's damaged ! Mine got halve screen snow thingy ^^. Bought one "BLACKBERRY 9800 TORCH SLIDE SLIDER RIBBON FLEX CABLE" from ebay and got it fixed again ! Good luck
    06-15-12 11:01 AM
    Well this exact issue has now happened to me i have been trying the battery out and the OS update but nothing works, i too can see all LED's the notification sounds and also answer a call my problem is i cannot see the screen. and just like you i have never managed to get the phone wet nor have i ever dropped it in the couple years i've had this phone. i doubt there is a solution out there for our case sadly enough.
    01-03-13 08:11 PM
    oh god yes that makes so much sense.. i had an inkling it might have been that as before my old laptop had issues with screen and i knew it was wiring once changed good as new. i take back my last post of there not being a fix as this clearly is the reason and the ultimate fix.
    01-03-13 08:13 PM
    my phone is having the same issue. No light on screen at all just on the phone icons and the red led indicator
    01-07-13 07:43 PM
    just a couple of minutes ago, i wanted to make a call, i picked up my phone only to realise the screen has gon blank. The phone never fell down nor got wet. i av removed the battery and do hard sTART, YET IT WILL NOT SHOW. but d qwetty lights up even the green light comes up, any solution?
    07-29-13 12:56 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD