Sound off your comments and opinions... is the Torch the beginning of the end for RIM, or is it THE device that will turn things around?
    08-04-10 03:19 PM
    um... that's what every other thread on this forum is pretty much about.
    08-04-10 03:21 PM
    I heard they're already lining up the firing squad.
    08-04-10 03:23 PM
    I think they bought themselves more time but if something like this (the torch)comes out again as the "best blackberry yet" they should be pretty much finished.
    08-04-10 03:27 PM
    Yawn. Zzzzzzz
    08-04-10 03:27 PM
    Its the beganning of the end for rim.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 03:28 PM
    I think RIM is ripe for a takeover or merger. They have a tremendous asset in BES which is still the envy of the industry. Unfortunately they haven't been able to capitlize on it with consumer handsets and the competition has caught up to RIM on the push email aspect(Exchange and Google) and far surpassed RIM in technology and innovation. As more and more firms hear repeated complaints from their employees about having to carry two devices and as IT people realize that they aren't beholden to BES any longer then RIM will suffer even greater attrition. It's happening on a daily basis as evidenced by the leaps and bounds by which Android and Apple phones are selling and consuming data.
    08-04-10 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD