Well, it has only been 16 hour since i've had my Torch, and i noticed it does random reboots while it's charging. My phone couldn't hold a charge throughout the night because it kept rebooting. I've only noticed that it reboots while charging, it has been off the charger for about 45 minutes now and it hasn't rebooted yet, usually it's in between 15 minutes before it reboots while charging.

I have no idea what it is, the phone get's really hot when charging... I'm not sure if it's a defective battery, or if it's the phone/OS or even an app i've installed. The "wrapping" on the battery is kind of loose, it was like that when i opened up the box to insert the battery. I doubt that has anything to do with it, just trying to get all the details for you guys.

Third Party app:

BerryBuzz
    BeeJive
    CaptureIt
    Fancy Characters
    Weatherbug
    Foursquare
    Google Maps

And that's it... Any help is appreciated.
    08-12-10 08:28 AM
    Well, it has only been 16 hour since i've had my Torch, and i noticed it does random reboots while it's charging. My phone couldn't hold a charge throughout the night because it kept rebooting. I've only noticed that it reboots while charging, it has been off the charger for about 45 minutes now and it hasn't rebooted yet, usually it's in between 15 minutes before it reboots while charging.

I have no idea what it is, the phone get's really hot when charging... I'm not sure if it's a defective battery, or if it's the phone/OS or even an app i've installed. The "wrapping" on the battery is kind of loose, it was like that when i opened up the box to insert the battery. I doubt that has anything to do with it, just trying to get all the details for you guys.

Third Party app:

BerryBuzz
    BeeJive
    CaptureIt
    Fancy Characters
    Weatherbug
    Foursquare
    Google Maps

And that's it... Any help is appreciated.
    Return that baby and get a fresh one! That's what I would do, why bother trying to fix the problem right?
    08-12-10 08:38 AM
    Turn the Wifi off while charging and see what happens.
    This has solved it for me and my Bold 9000 with OS 5.0.0.822.
    09-20-10 02:29 PM
    sounds like there is a short in the ground maybe.
    09-20-10 10:31 PM
    There have been posts about the back of th BB geting hot but the heat is on the bottom back of the phone, the battery sits up top, so its probably not the battery. Having to turn things off before you charge it just sounds like too much to have to do to a phone you have less than 24 hours. I would definitely take it back if you got it from a retailer.
    Good Luck
    09-20-10 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD