On other BB's I've moved pictures from the device to the media card using the "move" function - I can't find this on the Torch. Am I overlooking something or will I have to use Desktop Manager?

Thanks in advance.
    08-30-10 08:28 AM
    On other BB's I've moved pictures from the device to the media card using the "move" function - I can't find this on the Torch. Am I overlooking something or will I have to use Desktop Manager?

Thanks in advance.
    I would highly recommend FileScout to you. It's a small application and works very well as a file manager. There is a Lite version that is free and does most things you'll need - including moving files.

FileScout Homepage - a file manager Software for BlackBerry� Devices with OS 4.3 or higher

Good luck!
    08-30-10 08:36 AM
    There is a move to folder option in the menu. I've become good friends with this as even though I have my phone set to store pics on the media card, it always stores them on the phone and has no destination folder under the storage options.

File Scout is a great little program btw.
    08-30-10 09:24 AM
    Color me blind but I don't see a "move to folder" option in the menu dlu. That's how I've always moved pictures with other BB's. I'm on .141, is that possibly the problem?

And thanks to both of you for the suggestion of file scout - I'll give it a try!
    08-30-10 09:33 AM
    I've been using the copy and paste to move pics around. Works for me.
    08-30-10 09:41 AM
    I have no "move" or "move to folder" options either. Nor the option to take photos to a "dcim" folder that I create like all my other blackberries. I reported it to RIM as feedback and hopefully if enough peope report it they'll fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 09:53 AM
    I've been using the copy and paste to move pics around. Works for me.
    That works! I would rather have the "move to folder" function that way I don't have to go back and delete the original, but copy and paste moved the pictures to the media card and into the right folders. Thanks!
    08-30-10 09:54 AM
    Glad to see you got something working. I am running .161 so that could be it. When I have the pic open I do not have a move to folder button, but when I am in the folder and I highlight the pic I then have a move to folder option. I apologize for not being more clear ealier.
    08-30-10 10:00 AM
    That works! I would rather have the "move to folder" function that way I don't have to go back and delete the original, but copy and paste moved the pictures to the media card and into the right folders. Thanks!
    No prob bud.
    08-30-10 10:01 AM
    Anyone able to get their pictures saved directly to the memory card, or has this been discussed and I missed it?
    08-30-10 11:49 AM
    Anyone able to get their pictures saved directly to the memory card, or has this been discussed and I missed it?
    The camera menu has an option to store pictures on the device or the media card.
    08-30-10 12:12 PM
    I have it set to the media card. Co-worker running .161 has the same settings and same issue. Other co-worker running .141 same settings same issue.
    08-30-10 12:43 PM
    I'm still on the original OS and have the 'move to folder' option. I also have mine set to store on media card where it automatically created it's own folder called 'camera' on my card where the pictures are stored. I don't see a way to specify a specific folder on the media card so I then use the process of highlighting the pics and the move to folder option to get them out of the camera folder and into wherever I want them on my card.

UPDATE:
    I've also found a way to access the 'move to folder' option through the camera app. Open the camera > take a picture > scroll to the very left bottom and highlight the picture but DO NOT click it > when the pic is highlighted, click the Blackberry button > select view photos > when the next screen comes up > highlight the picture you want (do not click on) > click the Blackberry button and this is where you'll see the 'move to folder' option.
    Last edited by 5picker; 08-30-10 at 02:09 PM. Reason: added info.
    08-30-10 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD