Sh!t got it running slow hahaha.

I usually recommend disassembling the whole device after its soaked in water, and carefully dry and clean it from the inside using a low alcohol % in volume solution. There is always internal damage. I had one fixed, the girl dropped her 8900 in the pool, and she just put it in rice, and sure it was working mighty fine. After 2 months she comes in and the trackball is not working. The whole trackball board was corroded and oxidized, because of the chlorine, that of course, was not taken out by the rice. And still, the whole motherboard had oxidation stains, but it was working.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gbsn; 03-28-11 at 05:47 PM.
    03-28-11 05:43 PM

I usually recommend disassembling the whole device after its soaked in water, and carefully dry and clean it from the inside using a low alcohol % in volume solution. There is always internal damage. I had one fixed, the girl dropped her 8900 in the pool, and she just put it in rice, and sure it was working mighty fine. After 2 months she comes in and the trackball is not working. The whole trackball board was corroded and oxidized, because of the chlorine, that of course, was not taken out by the rice (:

Well I shall take it to the repair store if that is the case. I'm just glad it's up and running...
    03-28-11 05:49 PM
    Does it still stink like crap? Cuz if it does, it'll be embarrassing when going into the repair store lol.

03-28-11 09:06 PM
    I'd go ahead and get a new battery too.

You don't want to take a chance that it will take a dump on you later.

03-28-11 09:33 PM
    I clicked this thinking it said "bong" water .. oh man -- I should put this down
    03-28-11 09:48 PM
    I got no words of advice for ya, but all I can say is ... that'll teach you to try BMing and BBMing at the same time!

Sorry, just couldn't help myself. But damn, that was a real crappy thing to do.

Soz again.

Seriously, make sure the is cover off and battery out and give all at least a full day in the rice bowl, two if your mum can stand the stench in her kitchen. If you have a bright, warm and sunny place to put it, that will help evaporate moisture more quickly and completely, though I can't say it will do much for the smell. If it wasn't submersed in the p00per too long, it may be salvageable.

And for God's sake, whatever happens, throw that rice out.

Good luck.
    LOLOLOL now that's funny!
    03-28-11 10:49 PM
    oh my gosh, I actually have tears in my eyes cause I'm laughing so hard.
    I'm always scared of dropping my phone in the toilet actually have once, but it was a clean bowl (thank god) and a dumb phone.
    Sorry about the situation and thanks for posting, I hope it gets resolved and everything goes smoothly.
    03-28-11 11:02 PM

03-28-11 11:38 PM
    I clicked this thinking it said "bong" water .. oh man -- I should put this down
    I understood the thread title since I have a friend from the UK.
    03-29-11 12:05 AM
    Surprisingly it doesn't stink hoiwever I was considering an extended battery anyway. So I'll probs just get the extended

03-29-11 03:50 AM

I usually recommend disassembling the whole device after its soaked in water, and carefully dry and clean it from the inside using a low alcohol % in volume solution. There is always internal damage. I had one fixed, the girl dropped her 8900 in the pool, and she just put it in rice, and sure it was working mighty fine. After 2 months she comes in and the trackball is not working. The whole trackball board was corroded and oxidized, because of the chlorine, that of course, was not taken out by the rice. And still, the whole motherboard had oxidation stains, but it was working.

This is exactly what I was referring to when I said "it's not the water, but rather the deposits left on the motherboard that can short the lands". Always a good idea to use a soft bristle brush and methyl alcohol to "scrub" the board clean.
    03-29-11 06:32 AM
    I have really enjoyed this sojourn in Poo(h) Corner.
    03-29-11 07:23 AM
    lol, this was some funny crap to wake up too. I'm still trying to figure out how it fell in while you were sitting on the toilet!? Unless it was when you were finished, still good story for the boys while at the pub!

Good sh!* that you got it working again!
    03-29-11 08:58 AM
    Outstanding! And from now on if anyone insults your device saying it's crappy for whatever reason you can just say "yanno, funny story there" and tell it to them while they hold it
    LOLOL hilarious!
    03-29-11 02:52 PM
    This thread has really gone down the toilet.

03-29-11 03:49 PM
    i agree with hootyhoo, that exclusion is not referring to dropping/submerging in water. "flood" is not the same thing.
    If these are your only exclusions under it, then the water damage should be covered. Would have to read the whole wording of your extended warranty to be sure.
    03-29-11 06:09 PM
    i agree with hootyhoo, that exclusion is not referring to dropping/submerging in water. "flood" is not the same thing.
    If these are your only exclusions under it, then the water damage should be covered. Would have to read the whole wording of your extended warranty to be sure.
    Read around their site. It is excluded as they return items faulty by water damage. It's the Carphone Warehouse.
    03-30-11 03:43 PM
    That will teach ya !
    03-30-11 10:22 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD