Hello,

Since a few days, my blackberry torch invent a new letter , which is a "i" without the point on it ... It does this with the touch pad or the keyboard.

Anyone to help me ?

Thanks a lot
    03-07-11 05:19 AM
    The physical keyboard as well as the touchscreen keyboard, doesn't have a tittle on the I. If you're talking about when you're typing, then my suggestion is a battery pull. If that doesn't fix it, it's not really a huge problem. Unlike some of the bugs I've read about.
    03-07-11 06:14 AM
    Hi

My Torch is doing this too! It is very frustrating and is a problem when I google things with the letter i or when i search my contacts with i.

The words are not recognised as the letter i is not recognised. So my searches turn up nothing!

I really hope someone can help.

I have taken battery and sim card out twice. It makes no difference.

Thanks for any help offered.
    Lara
    06-10-11 07:00 AM
    What font are you using? You might set it to another font style to see if that is the culprit.
    Last edited by newcollector; 06-10-11 at 08:36 AM.
    06-10-11 08:33 AM
    I just changed the font and it still happens. O dear thought u had cottoned onto a solution. Thanks anyway
    06-10-11 08:48 AM
    Strike one on the font issue. We are not done yet. A couple of questions. Is your sim card from another phone? Are you running another theme other than the stock theme? And last but not least, what OS version are you running?
    06-10-11 08:54 AM
    Im a bit of a ludite when it comes to tech talk, so I'll answer as best I can..but if you laugh, then I'll totally understand!

My sim has been the same sim Ive used for 5+years. I have just moved it from phone to phone when my service provider offered me upgrades on the BB handsets.

OS - Blackberry 6 OS

Theme is standard too (Blackberry 6 for Vodafone)

Thanks a mil for your attempts to help!
    06-10-11 09:19 AM
    That Wingdings font...gets me every time.

You may not like this, but have you tried to do a back-up with BB Desktop manager (so your data is safe) and then tried a full wipe and reload on the phone? It may be that the ASCII map was corrupted and the OS needs to be reloaded. This is assuming that I understand that even when you type "i" a half-sized "l" is sent, like in the case of a search.
    06-11-11 03:45 AM
    Maybe its the keyboardf language on the phone u switch it by accident.. U can check that and put it on the right language u want

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-11 10:39 AM
    Hi,

My Torch is doing the same thing. I have also taken out the battery and restarted the phone and nothing seems to work. If anyone is brave enough to try to back-up their phones and then reconfigure it, please let me know if this fixes the problem.

The missing dot above the "i" is extremely frustrating!
    06-15-11 03:33 AM
    Hey guys
    I know this is old but thought I'd reply anyways lol all you have to do is change you "input language" in settings to English and you'll get you dots back :P
    03-11-12 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD