hi, please forgive me, im abit useless with my blackberry really, lol

basicly last night i plugged my phone into the pc to sync my media with the desktop manager and i noticed it said there was an update so i decided to do the update and everything went fine. however now i have noticed since the update my phone screen is lagging really badly. my phone will flash with a message or something and when i go ot need the message i just get a plank home screen for about 5-10 seconds before a message icon apears.

does anyone know how i can get rid or this lag or go back to the older version of the O.S before i did the update?

if you need to know, i am in the UK and my BlackBerry Torch 9800 is on the T-Mobile UK phone network and my currant os is: 6.0 Bundle 2534 (v6.0.0.570, Platform 6.6.0.212)

many thanks to anyone who can offer any help,

Nicksy
    09-19-11 11:06 AM
    Hi,

I guess it's safe to assume you've done a battery pull or two? I find that after updating the OS, it usually takes a couple of battery pulls to really get adjusted and running smoothly.
    09-19-11 04:04 PM
    yep, tried that about 4 times now. the lag does only seam to be there when the phone has not been used for afew hours and right after it boots up again.
    09-19-11 05:41 PM
    install .600 from at+t. Best bbos I ever used.
    09-19-11 09:10 PM
    I have to agree I think OS .600 is a good update and it don't lag as much and I think for me it only lags cause I have a lot of apps on it but most of the time its fair and runs smooth don't really have an issue with this phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 07:30 AM
    you should take the battery out for 30 seconds... or more. but at least 30 seconds.
    09-20-11 08:52 AM
    I had some problems with the OS that you have installed, so I upgraded to .600 and have been pleased with the bug fixes. You haven't installed any new apps since the upgrade, have you?

If the battery pull doesn't work, you can try to reinstall the OS or update as has been suggested.

Let us know if you get things worked out.
    09-20-11 09:45 AM
    I had this problems for months, the reinstall OS just solve for a month. And then, it start slow again. U should do battery pull (30 seconds at least) and its done. I was thibking about change to torch 9810, because this issue. But now is solved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 05:47 PM
    yes the torch doesnt lag as much but at times it does but doesnt really bother me... i have tried out a 9810 and the performance is way better then the 9800 but i am fairly happy with my torch 9800 and its does things that need to get done fairly and im happy with it
    09-21-11 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD