hey cb

been freezing up in new york. like 20-45 degrees. (freezing IMO anyway haha) i notice if i'm outside walking for even a few minutes my torch's keys get EXTREMELY stiff (keyboard and call/bb/back/end keys) and almost make them unusable till i go to a warm place. its really irksome and i wonder if theres a fix or something. my guess is probably not except u know like moving LOL.
    03-09-11 02:53 PM
    There's probably not a fix to this but maybe try getting one of those hand warmer packets and keeping it in a pocket in your bag or compartment where you keep your torch? I wouldn't suggest immediate contact (incase it bursts open or leaks) but this could help keep your phone at a warmer temperature while your outside so you don't have to move inside or try and find a warmer spot to use the phone.

HTH
    03-09-11 04:18 PM
    I live in upstate NY and it gets way colder(-10 to -30) then that here, I have also noticed the physical keyboard gets tough to use when that cold, but the touchscreen is still flawless. When my phone gets that cold I just use the touchscreen.
    03-09-11 04:21 PM
    If there's one thing that irks me about my Torch, it's the general stiffness of the face buttons. I wish they were individual keys like on every other Blackberry except Storm2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-11 04:25 PM
    yeah up here in Petawawa Canada, i use the touch screen when it hits -15 and below...which is like everyday..lol...we are used to it though, every phone i have had and my buddies have, we have always delt with that
    03-09-11 05:53 PM
    yeah up here in Petawawa Canada, i use the touch screen when it hits -15 and below...which is like everyday..lol...we are used to it though, every phone i have had and my buddies have, we have always delt with that
    This is an obvious problem in Canada in the winter time (I live in Edmonton, and I travel up north sometimes for work). Even on site though, i've never had any real problems with the cold and my torch's buttons - could be like shady said, we are pretty used to phones behaving that way up here.

Then again, I might not even really be noticing - my hands sometimes get so cold working that when I'm typing, I type really slow anyway.
    03-09-11 10:48 PM
    If there's one thing that irks me about my Torch, it's the general stiffness of the face buttons. I wish they were individual keys like on every other Blackberry except Storm2.

They are individual keys.

03-10-11 01:54 AM
    I like the new design, with the rocker buttons.

I think it looks sharper. The Style has it too

03-10-11 08:10 AM
    They are individual keys.

Perhaps I phrased that wrong, but you know what I mean: I'd have preferred each button to be separate from one another in terms of the face panel.
    03-10-11 09:29 AM
    I've never been sure if it was the keyboard or my numb fingers making me think the keys are hard to press.
    03-10-11 08:01 PM
    Agreed! I feel that being a "Torch" it should be auto-heated so that the keys aren't so stiff when trying to text. It's annoying but then I guess that's why there is a touchpad as well.
    03-10-11 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD