After noticing that the "BBM Music" icon had been pushed to my device, I decided to go ahead and download it. Big mistake!

After downloading, I noticed my device being laggy, and unresponsive, all without the hourglass even popping up. So I tried rebooting the device, it'll get to about 75-80% rebooted and then clunk out and start rebooting again. But when it clunks out, a faint red light next to the actual LED red light comes on for a few seconds.

I've tried holding the escape button to put the phone in safe mode, but I can even get that far at this point.

Any suggestions?
    11-21-11 08:58 PM
    Wow, that's exactly the same thing that happened to me just now. I've been trying to find an answer, but all I could find was that we are in now possession of nuked/bricked phones. I get referred to this guide: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

Looks like I'll be doing that tonight... until then, I'm back on my old 9700.
    11-21-11 09:11 PM
    Hope the 101 works for you. I did the restore like explained in de 101. It works for aprox 8 hours and the cycle of reboots starts again. Until the point i get a 507 and reinstall again like it is said in the 101. This 9800 has some serious issues. Will be bringing it back to T-Mobile (the Netherlands) asap.
    11-23-11 03:12 AM
    The 101 has worked for me so far. On one hand, at least I have the latest OS on my phone now. On the other hand, I lost a lot of personal data when I had to do the restore.
    11-23-11 10:23 AM
    I've tried the 101 method, didn't get past the "USB-Unknown Device", I think it might be the USB cable that I'm using. I'll try better cable and see how that goes.
    #crossedfingers
    11-23-11 02:04 PM
    After getting a hold of a better USB cable, the 101 method was a success. The reboot didn't even do the long 15 minute stall that usually happens when installing an OS.

Only trouble is uploading all my apps(or at least the essentials) and my settings takes forever.
    11-23-11 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD