Hi, I have had the Torch 9800 since December (3+ months) and listen to Pandora on it frequently. Today, all of a sudden the headphone jack isn't working. My headphones are plugged in and I'm getting music on the speaker. I listen to this at work and can't have music on the speaker, so I'm left with no music at the moment.

I read other forums for different Blackberries and have tried removing and putting the headphones back in quickly a few times, I've tried a restart, I've tried a battery pull... nothing is working. I didn't change headphones and the only thing I've done on my phone aside from check and read messages is set a few apps as favorites, including Pandora that was just sitting in downloads before.

Anyone else have this problem? I saw that the Bold's were having this problem and required a motherboard replacement. I'd hate to have to go through that much trouble for my music...
    04-01-11 12:38 PM
    Bolds have an audio jack that is separate from the motherboard. From what I've seen and taken apart from a 9800, the Torch requires a motherboard replacement as the audio jack is NOT a separate entity from the mainboard.

Cheers.
    04-01-11 02:23 PM
    Hi, I have had the Torch 9800 since December (3+ months) and listen to Pandora on it frequently. Today, all of a sudden the headphone jack isn't working. My headphones are plugged in and I'm getting music on the speaker. I listen to this at work and can't have music on the speaker, so I'm left with no music at the moment.

I read other forums for different Blackberries and have tried removing and putting the headphones back in quickly a few times, I've tried a restart, I've tried a battery pull... nothing is working. I didn't change headphones and the only thing I've done on my phone aside from check and read messages is set a few apps as favorites, including Pandora that was just sitting in downloads before.

Anyone else have this problem? I saw that the Bold's were having this problem and required a motherboard replacement. I'd hate to have to go through that much trouble for my music...
    Check Pandora's settings. is this only happening with pandora, or with any media?

is pandora's settigs, there may be a way to set the order of where the music goes. I use scanner radio occationally, and it has the options to use - Handset, speaker, headset, bluetooth, stereo bluetooth, etc...

usually you can set which should take prioirty, and some apps don't do it by default....
    04-01-11 02:49 PM
    My girlfriend has a 9800 and one earphone stopped working, at first we thought it was the headphones but after trying the same pair in my 9810 both work. Any thoughts?? Tried a battery bull and all the usual it does it in every app including phone calls.
    05-25-12 03:33 PM
    My girlfriend has a 9800 and one earphone stopped working, at first we thought it was the headphones but after trying the same pair in my 9810 both work. Any thoughts?? Tried a battery bull and all the usual it does it in every app including phone calls.
    u could always buy a housing and swap out the headphone jack and it should fix the problem as long as the motherboard jack connection isn't at fault
    05-25-12 05:08 PM
    try putting preasure down on the top right of your phone by using your thumb and your finger to push the back and the front together this helped me keep trying if it doesnt work after the first time it took me like 5 attempts good luck and best wishes
    04-28-13 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD