My Torch keeps freezing (hanging), after a while it works, but its very annoying, this happens when composing a message, tweeting, anything really.

Anyone know why it does this and how to solve it?

Also today for some unknown reason my media card said it had a fault, and I lost all my photo's, videos, music.

It then wouldn't recognise the media card, I did a battery pull, took out the card, cleaned it, put it back and formatted it and then in was recognised.

Anyone know why this would suddenly have happened?

BB OS 6.0.0.
    Torch is only 6 weeks old

I have now changed my camera settings to save to device not memory card.
    07-03-11 12:17 PM
    Exactly what OS are you running? .246? .448? .450? etc.. Saying the device OS is 6.0.0. is very vague as every torch runs some form of OS6.
    07-03-11 12:19 PM
    It's bundle 695
    07-03-11 12:22 PM
    Holy ****! Update your phone. I'm pretty sure bundle 695 is OS .246 which is really old. I would recommend updating your phone to the official OS of your carrier, or if you don't mind, to the leaked OS 6.0.0.600

I will fetch some links that will help you along with the process if you are unaware of how to do it.

Only download ONE of the OSes. First link if you prefer Official, Second link if you don't mind using a leaked OS.

This is the latest OS from your official carrier: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...5BD18B8E24E218 <-- Just fill out the form then download.

Here is the leaked 6.0.0.600: http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...-fixes-624608/

And finally here is the guide to follow when upgrading your OS if you are unaware of how you do it: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    Last edited by TechNerd.McLeod; 07-03-11 at 12:30 PM.
    07-03-11 12:25 PM
    I've only had the phone a few weeks!

Links would be good, thanks. Is this why it's hanging then?

It won't be why the media card corrupted though?
    07-03-11 12:28 PM
    I've only had the phone a few weeks!

Links would be good, thanks. Is this why it's hanging then?

It won't be why the media card corrupted though?

Links are in the 4th post and they should be all the links you need.

.246 was a really bad build compared to what is out there now. I believe it is the OS making it hang. Unless you have downloaded lots of applications. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be why the media card corrupted. The only thing that has ever caused that one mine is when I unplugged my phone without disconnecting it from the computer first.
    07-03-11 12:33 PM
    Thank you, I'm very grateful.

The phone wasn't connected to the laptop when the card corrupted.
    07-03-11 12:37 PM
    Thank you, I'm very grateful.

The phone wasn't connected to the laptop when the card corrupted.

Have you tried (or know how) to repair the media card while it is in the phone? Or do you do that, and it gets corrupted again?
    07-03-11 12:42 PM
    I formatted the media card, while it was in the phone, after a battery pull and it is now recognised again.

Is that the correct way?

Re updating the phone software, can I not do it from the desktop manager?
    07-03-11 12:46 PM
    Formatting it deletes everything off of the card, repairing it can help actually repair corrupted files/the card if it is corrupted. (As far as I know thats how they work)

Go to Option>>Device>>Storage>>Press the BB Button>>Scroll to 'Repair'>>Select 'Media Card'

Hopefully that fixes any issues you have with it.
    Last edited by TechNerd.McLeod; 07-03-11 at 12:52 PM.
    07-03-11 12:49 PM
    Well, I did that, "Go to Option>>Device>>Storage>>Press the BB Button>>Scroll to 'Repair'>>Select 'Media Card' " and it said it couldn't repair. And the card was still not recognised.

I have a programme that recovers files from a card, which I used and recovered some photo's, not backed up, so all was not lost.
    07-03-11 12:52 PM
    Re updating the phone software, can I not do it via the desktop manager?
    07-03-11 12:54 PM
    Re updating the phone software, can I not do it via the desktop manager?
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os

I always just put the Apploader way because it's the most preferred by a lot of people. Follow the above link and follow those instructions to install from DM.

Also, if you ever need some simple help, follow one of the links in my signature.

As for the Media card problem, I would recommend going back to where you bought the phone, telling them about it getting corrupted and see if they will give you a replacement.
    lizzieh likes this.
    07-03-11 01:12 PM
    I will thanks.
    07-03-11 01:19 PM
    I've updated the OS, the twitter and facebook apps, all to the latest versions. My torch is still hanging.
    07-04-11 04:50 PM
    turn off sd card compression...
    07-04-11 07:49 PM
    Actually, my compression is off and i still have the hanging problem the OP has.

Also, next time your card says it's corrupt, don't do ANYTHING with the phone. take it out, put it in an adapter to put in your computer and backup all your stuff. I don't know why it does it but i've done that before, and haven't lost anything.
    07-05-11 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD