Been a long time crackberry follower, this is my first post. Let me predicate that I am a 20 year old college student who has owned Iphones and blackberrys (RIP 9000). I have have read every review and been as skeptical as anyone about this device. I've now had it for 2 days and let me say...WOW. This is by far the best phone I have ever had. Here are issue I heard about the phone
    1. Screen is bad- Is the screen like the IP4? No. But its competent and actually seems to be brighter which helps alot.
    2.Laggyness with the OS6-Not that I've encountered so far, haven't fully gotten into everything obviously after 2 days but this is much much better than os5 on my 9000
    3. Sound- not as loud as my 9000 but then again I haven't seen a phone with that great a speaker since. Have had no problems with any odd sounds like others
    4.Keyboard-It's a great keyboard easy to type on. No trackball is great but the keys around it are a little flimsy
    5. Size-I was worried about the weight and small size of the screen. NOT ANYMORE. It feel so solid in your hand. Like a polished rock, plus it just looks snazzy as ****
    6. Camera-ok so far not spectacular but better than iphone 3gs and 9000 I owned
    7. Browser-HUGE improvement, is not as fast as i'd like but its a crisp experience especially on wifi.
    8. Battery-Solid battery for a phone but low end for blackberry. End of the day having the touchscreen is worth the less battery time. You can't have it all plus just like with my 9000 I will most likely buy a better battery anyway.
    Overall I use my phone to keep in contact with email,text and bbm. I don't use many apps if any at all. I don't watch video or play many games on my phone or have stupid apps that do nothing. I do listen to music but thats about the craziest thing I do on my phone. It's a fantastic phone that gets the job done, for someone like me who has big fingers and can't do a soft keyboard the torch is the best of both worlds. All of my friends beside some very very loyal apple guys (we're from the Bay Area) everyone is blown away by the phone. Once you get past GHZ and all that nerdy crap you need a phone that is functional and gets the job done while looking cool. The Torch does the job!

Lastly can anyone help me with the wireless media sync I have a Mac and I can't figure it out. Cheers!
    09-05-10 08:21 PM
    Welcome to the site and glad your enjoying your Torch!

And sorry, can't help you with the Mac stuff.
    09-05-10 08:28 PM
    Nice review - I'd imagine that's how I'll see the Torch as well.

Sept 24th can't come sooner!
    09-05-10 08:37 PM
    I have had my Torch for 3 weeks and love it. I actually went and picked up an iPhone 4 last Tuesday being in the right place at the right time as a shipment just came in. Wanted to see the differences. Yes the screen was a noticeable difference and the browsing was faster. Not a huge difference but noticable on browsing. Prob I had with the iphone is the signal strength wasn't close to the Torch where my work was especially. 2 bars on iphone and 5 on the BB. Could see a difference in call quality also as the BB was better. I also wasn't feeling the UI after being with OS 6.

Iphone was a nice device but just not for me. You can really see it as an entertainment device. I am not a huge app guy or watching videos etc on a phone. I browse a lot and email, text etc. Only thing I do I sync my Torch with Edge Sync with Bluetooth for music which is great. That's the only media I do other than some Youtube from time to time. After a few days I just had to go back to the Torch. The email and messaging, call quality, and overall feel of the Torch couldn't be beat imo.

Everyone has their own preference and I love the Torch. Def the best phone I have had so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-10 09:23 PM
    i agree with most of your review..
    as for the screen remember that the Torch is the same with the iphone 3G and 3GS screen.
    09-05-10 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD