Torch 9800 is currently the best selling phone with service on Amazon.com.

Amazon.com Cell Phones & Service Bestsellers: The most popular items on Amazon.com. Updated hourly.

Looks like things aren't as bad as the media is making it out to be.

***Update***

I sent this news over to BBLeaks.com and a few blogs and it looks like they are starting to report on the good news.

BlackBerry Torch Currently Best Selling Phone on Amazon.com | BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews

Hopefully the big boys will pick up on this and we can get some positive news out there. It might even help their credibility for all those stories about Amazon slashing pricing due to poor sales. Here's your chance...
    Last edited by Hambly; 08-18-10 at 11:30 PM.
    08-18-10 09:29 PM
    Also #1 on letstalk.com
    08-18-10 09:38 PM
    Aww.....iPhone not #1 someplace!?!?! JK, My girlfriend has an iPhone, and I never hear the end of it..... Glad to see the torch getting sales though. I'm picking mine up tomorrow from AT&T. Would've gotten it earlier, but I have to cancel my Verizon and that costs some moolah.
    08-18-10 10:03 PM
    if you ask your AT&T retail stores they will tell you the same thing..
    i got mine last thurs.. we got 4 actually for the entire household..
    this afternoon i went with an officemate who wants to get the torch..
    We went to the AT&T corp store where i got mine, it's sold out.
    08-18-10 10:22 PM
    Wow these phones are selling out, where are all the torch haters now? even walmart has the torch as one of their top selling phones.
    08-18-10 10:44 PM
    Nice to hear good news about the Torch and not everyone here hates the Torch!!!
    08-18-10 11:53 PM
    i'm in canada and i just bought one off amazon last night for 599.99 no contract.... just waiting for it to get shipped to point roberts so i can drive across to pick it up.... =)
    08-18-10 11:57 PM
    but... but... I thought it sucked? say it isn't so!!!
    08-18-10 11:59 PM
    but... but... I thought it sucked? say it isn't so!!!
    It isn't so!!!

It's actually a great phone
    08-19-10 12:11 AM
    Well, it's been sucking a lot of my time! I keep using it!
    08-19-10 12:12 AM
    i need help.. since i'm a sucker for this phone..
    i can't seem to put it down..
    it's driving me NUTS!
    08-19-10 12:16 AM
    Goes to show some shoddy reporting over the last couple of days.

thankfully people know better and are probably more aware now that they can buy a contracted phone a lot cheaper via sites such as amazon.com. its goes to show that ATT price was a little steep but lower it just a tad and people are going to warm to it.

Good to see a positive article regarding sales. some analysts are full of crap - you wonder how they can justify their pay
    Last edited by zensen; 08-19-10 at 12:26 AM.
    08-19-10 12:16 AM
    But But But It can't be,It's a flop. I know because I read the threads on here that say so.
    08-19-10 01:45 AM
    idont listen to these analysts there all liars they all have motives for what they say citi goldman sachs they are shorter of the stock that's why they come out with these stories to drive the stock down #1 selling phone on amazon at&t selling out allot of stores that sounds like allot more than 150000 phones
    08-19-10 05:03 AM
    So where are shacknews, madlaw1071, and AtomicDawg to share in the news?
    08-19-10 06:13 AM
    Their tears fell on their Iphones and shorted it out so they had to run to the apple store for a new one.
    08-19-10 07:04 AM
    Blackberry Torch 9800: Try Again, RIM - PCWorld

RIM Halves BlackBerry Torch Price to Boost Sales - Yahoo! News

RIM's BlackBerry Torch opening sales so-so; Pondering price cuts, word-of-mouth | ZDNet

My Thoughts
    I actually really do like this phone, but I would like to see a slightly faster processor to keep up with the iPhone 4, a higher resolution screen, so I can at least see the photos I've taken clearly. The App Store could use an overhaul, because it's not the most appealing thing in the world, something which might deter me from buying applications if they don't look good.
    I do like the touch-screen, with a sliding QWERTY keyboard on the phone. The BlackBerry Torch feels very nice in my hand, and feels well built. The ribbed, rubber backing is a nice feel and addition to the phone, where the iPhone 4 feels very slippery and smooth in your hand, like you're going to drop it at any moment
    08-19-10 08:23 AM
    So where are shacknews, madlaw1071, and AtomicDawg to share in the news?
    Wow, you actually have a list.. ala Rick's List on CNN
    the list you don't wanna be in
    08-19-10 11:02 AM
    Blackberry Torch 9800: Try Again, RIM - PCWorld

RIM Halves BlackBerry Torch Price to Boost Sales - Yahoo! News

RIM's BlackBerry Torch opening sales so-so; Pondering price cuts, word-of-mouth | ZDNet

My Thoughts
    I actually really do like this phone, but I would like to see a slightly faster processor to keep up with the iPhone 4, a higher resolution screen, so I can at least see the photos I've taken clearly. The App Store could use an overhaul, because it's not the most appealing thing in the world, something which might deter me from buying applications if they don't look good.
    I do like the touch-screen, with a sliding QWERTY keyboard on the phone. The BlackBerry Torch feels very nice in my hand, and feels well built. The ribbed, rubber backing is a nice feel and addition to the phone, where the iPhone 4 feels very slippery and smooth in your hand, like you're going to drop it at any moment
    Review #1 - the writer's opinion of a device. There are as many opinions as there are humans on the planet. My opinion is that it is a stellar device.

Articles number 2 and 3 are incorrect, based on shoddy research. The original writer of the original article that had the wrong information has since retracted his article and pointed out that it was misleading. This is simply a case of shoddy journalism taking flight. Sort of like the many sightings of Big Foot. Those have also been reported on. And Nessie. And don't you know there are aliens who come into your house at night and take you up on a spaceship and perform all kinds of interesting sexual experiments? That has been reported on also - there is even a book, called Communion.
    08-19-10 12:09 PM
    Alas, the trolls are sobbing under their bridges now.

This is some good news. But it's going to take half a year for this phone to hit our shores...
    08-19-10 12:19 PM

This is some good news. But it's going to take half a year for this phone to hit our shores...
    if i was in your shoes..
    i will get the phone online.
    i can't just sit there and do nothing..
    08-19-10 12:22 PM
    if i was in your shoes..
    i will get the phone online.
    i can't just sit there and do nothing..
    I can't live without a warranty - I break things all the time
    08-19-10 12:35 PM
    Where are you? Are you across the pond?
    08-19-10 12:48 PM
    I can't live without a warranty - I break things all the time
    you will still enjoy the standard 1 yr warranty from RIM.
    it's gonna be you shipping the device again for repair and waiting for it to be shipped back..
    08-19-10 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD