I cannot seem to get my computer to reconize the TORCH device so I can us the Device Manager. ANY SUGGESTIONS
    01-04-11 04:10 PM
    What options have you tried?
    What happens when you connect?
    Why can't people be more specific?
    You can ask a stupid question, and I'll have a stupid answer for you.
    My suggestion is plugging it in?
    01-04-11 04:45 PM
    Jeez, settle down spaz

Rawthumb, turn on mass storage mode.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 04:50 PM
    I had a similar problem in connecting through Desktop Manager once. I wasn't getting a good contact theu the USB port on my laptop. I switched ports, and DM picked it up immediately.

I assume you ARE using Desktop Manager? The more information you give, the easier it is to help you. In my limited experience, it's best to have DM open before you plug the phone in.
    01-04-11 04:52 PM
    THe computer does not show the device once plugged in. I use Vista on my computer. All other devices are reconized such as other phones. I have tried all the "Blackberry Tech" adjustments but nothing has changed other then my computer crashing. They where no help. I have tried 3 cords with no results. My old blackberry Bold worked just fine. I have the Recommended software for Torch, I have done all the updates both computer and phone. I have unrestriced user rights that did nothing. So when I ask this I was hoping someone with a torch had the same issues and knew something that helped them.
    01-04-11 05:48 PM
    Jeez, settle down spaz

Rawthumb, turn on mass storage mode.

Would that be compression storage? It is set to compress. I searched the Torch to find "Turn On Mass Storage: and it directed me to COmpression Option button. Is this what you mean?
    01-04-11 05:55 PM
    I had a similar problem in connecting through Desktop Manager once. I wasn't getting a good contact theu the USB port on my laptop. I switched ports, and DM picked it up immediately.

I assume you ARE using Desktop Manager? The more information you give, the easier it is to help you. In my limited experience, it's best to have DM open before you plug the phone in.
    yes DM is open. I have given more infor in thread. All ports have been tried. Computer gives a "low" pong when device is connected BUT no devise is shown on computer nor DM.
    01-04-11 05:58 PM
    Back to basics. The PC does not beep or make any sound when you plug in the Torch? Is Mass Storage enabled on the Torch? Any 3rd party apps installed on the Torch? Have you rebooted the PC? Maybe another app is hanging up the USB port? How many ports have you tried? You are using a port on the motherboard and not a hub correct?

01-04-11 05:58 PM
    Are all your other phones that are being recognized also Blackberry products?
    have you tried the following:
    Start Menu
    Devices and Printers
    Right click RIM device
    Troubleshoot
    01-04-11 06:00 PM
    What options have you tried?
    What happens when you connect?
    Why can't people be more specific?
    You can ask a stupid question, and I'll have a stupid answer for you.
    My suggestion is plugging it in?
    WOW you are so good at giving advise.
    01-04-11 06:01 PM
    I cannot seem to get my computer to reconize the TORCH device so I can us the Device Manager. ANY SUGGESTIONS
    I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate and for the life of me couldn't get the Desktop Manager to connect to my Touch for anything. I even went so far as to modify register keys, nothing.

It actually resolved itself today when I upgraded the desktop software to 6.0.1.18 and rebooted. After that, it connected fine. I hope this helps.
    01-04-11 06:05 PM
    WOW you are so good at giving advise.
    Actually, I thought the post right above yours that I made was pretty helpful.
    01-04-11 06:06 PM
    Are all your other phones that are being recognized also Blackberry products?
    have you tried the following:
    Start Menu
    Devices and Printers
    Right click RIM device
    Troubleshoot
    BOld, I phone was. RIM I tried to upload drive but it was not found.
    01-04-11 06:13 PM
    I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate and for the life of me couldn't get the Desktop Manager to connect to my Touch for anything. I even went so far as to modify register keys, nothing.

It actually resolved itself today when I upgraded the desktop software to 6.0.1.18 and rebooted. After that, it connected fine. I hope this helps.
    Ok I'll try that...THANK YOU
    01-04-11 06:15 PM
    Hmm. No response to my post.

01-04-11 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD