I got a Torch today and have been setting it up for several hours. I've successfully synced it to Outlook tasks, calendar, contacts, and notes, downloaded music and photos, installed SplashID and successfully synced my Desktop SplashId database to the Torch.

However, all of a sudden now when I connect the USB cable, the screen to choose to connect for USB, sync, or just charging starts flashing -- alternating between the prompts and the graphic showing the device is connected to the PC -- and doesn't stay up long enough for me to even make a selection. I can't choose one of the options. It seems to have happened after I switched the analog clock face to a digitial one, but that's probably coincidence. Is there a menu to select the connection mode once it's already connected and that prompt screen has disappeared?

I took the battery out to reset the device, and that didn't fix the problem.

I did have a problem with transferring some of the photos. There were 99 of them, but the last 40 or so turned out to be unreadable by the device. That photo sync was actually the last sync that worked at all. But I wonder why the last photos got corrupted? Is it the device or the cable? Unfortunately I only have the one cable.

I also upgraded the device to the latest upgrade via the Blackberry Desktop Software as soon as I got the device.

Any suggestions?
    10-09-10 11:06 PM
    Sounds like it could be the usb port on your computer, try another

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-10 11:11 PM
    i have this exact problem, when i connect it the options dont show up at all, have you found how to solve your problem? really need to knwo how because i cant get any of my pictures music or anything.
    01-08-12 11:40 AM
    The issue might be your computer. Try restarting your computer and then reconnect your phone.
    01-08-12 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD