Been using the Rogers BB torch since day 1 it was launched , bought it over from FS .

Something that's bugging me is the build quality , on the BB key faceplate right below the screen with the trackpad . Trackpad is solid but I seem to notice that front faceplate has loosened , not that is falling off . I can see some light oozing out if held from the top , more of a gap .
    Just thinking if I should get it replaced so that it does not eventually fall off ,but other than that everything is perfect on the device .

Do i need to take it to FS or Rogers customer care ?

Please advise if the replacement is worth or I should stay with it .
    Have heard stories of people getting bad quality / refurbished ones as replacement devices .
    10-09-10 10:13 PM
    Can you post a picture?

Not sure about FS but with Rogers Plus I went back to the store to get a replacement. The advantage of calling customer care is if you get one that is worse you can just send that one back instead of the first one

Since you are within your 30 days they should not give you a refurbished one. If they do return it and start the process over again.
    10-09-10 10:26 PM
    Get a replacement phone. Too many $ involved to put up with a defect of any kind.
    10-10-10 08:27 AM
    how do you know if you get a refurb?
    10-10-10 08:55 AM
    If you are doing a warranty exchange on AT&T, a refurb is mailed out whereas an insurance claim which is almost as expensive as the 2 yr contract price will net you a new one.
    10-10-10 08:58 AM
    Called in Rogers , I was advised to pick up a new device from the FS store where i got it from . Gave a reference number for tracking and store exchange . Hope it goes well , I will get back to you once I get the new one .

Thanks for your help
    10-10-10 09:04 AM
    I have the exact same problem with my torch. I called last night and they're sending me another one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-10 09:23 AM
    Not sure how it is with Rogers but with AT&T if you are within the 30 day exchange window you can go into the shop and get a brand new one, but if you do a warranty/insurance exchange good chances are you will receive a refurbished model.

Not to hijack a thread but what is the big deal about refurbished models? I have gotten them before and its almost like a brand new phone (ie. no scratches, dents, broken items, etc. etc.)
    10-10-10 10:47 AM
    They just gave me a brand new phone for the replacement , sweet !!!
    10-10-10 10:59 AM
    Not sure how it is with Rogers but with AT&T if you are within the 30 day exchange window you can go into the shop and get a brand new one
    Not all AT&T stores are good with doing an exchange...even within the 30 days. When I went to my usual store to switch out, they were not very nice about doing the exchange. When I came back later on because the phone would not charge at all, they said they could not exchange it and I would have to call and make an insurance claim to get a new phone.
    Not very helpful, but it can just depend on the store I guess. Before I moved, the people at the store I used were very kind and did everything they could to help me.

Sorry for side tracking.
    10-10-10 04:05 PM
    Called in Rogers , I was advised to pick up a new device from the FS store where i got it from . Gave a reference number for tracking and store exchange . Hope it goes well , I will get back to you once I get the new one .

Thanks for your help
    What did you say to rogers (*611)? cause I have the same problem as you as well as a wobbly screen. pressing down on and around the edge on the side of the 'end call' button makes a clicking noise
    I dont want a refurb, but a brand new device
    also i didnt buy it from FutureShop.

thx
    10-11-10 02:36 PM
    What did you say to rogers (*611)? cause I have the same problem as you as well as a wobbly screen. pressing down on and around the edge on the side of the 'end call' button makes a clicking noise

thx

Usually if its within 14 days you just bring it back to the store you bought it at and they will replace it
    10-11-10 03:47 PM
    i took mine back to the store and after having every employee examining and playing around with the screen/slider mechanism they declared its not defective and would not take it back. I guess since it wasn't making the noise when I brought it to the store, I couldn't prove anything.

This is weird cause it clicks intermittently, and when Im at my work. Could it be related to moisture/temperature? cause I know Its cooler here than at home/school.

This is bugging me so much, and Rogers nor the store will help me out.
    what can/should i do? i got this a week and 3 days ago.

ps the clicking is soooooo freakin annoying!
    Last edited by ev44; 10-17-10 at 09:04 PM.
    10-17-10 09:02 PM
    i took mine back to the store and after having every employee examining and playing around with the screen/slider mechanism they declared its not defective and would not take it back. I guess since it wasn't making the noise when I brought it to the store, I couldn't prove anything.

This is weird cause it clicks intermittently, and when Im at my work. Could it be related to moisture/temperature? cause I know Its cooler here than at home/school.

This is bugging me so much, and Rogers nor the store will help me out.
    what can/should i do? i got this a week and 3 days ago.

ps the clicking is soooooo freakin annoying!
    Most retail outlets/dealers have return policies that allow exchanges within 30 days, or a specific amount of voice usage. I would take it to another location (if it's a corporate Rogers store) or just let customer service have it.
    10-17-10 09:11 PM
    i know.
    so I called *611 and talked to a csr and he said to take it back to the dealer.
    The dealer wouldnt do it for me.

am I stuck at in a dead end?
    10-17-10 09:15 PM

thx
    I called in at Rogers and they issued me a ticket number for reference , went to the FS store and it was replaced in a snap .

You ll get a brand new device and not a refurbished one .
    10-17-10 09:16 PM
    I called in at Rogers and they issued me a ticket number for reference , went to the FS store and it was replaced in a snap .

You ll get a brand new device and not a refurbished one .
    did you buy your phone from a dealer, corporate store, or *611?

when I called the csr asked me if i bought it from rogers or store
    10-17-10 09:28 PM
    did you buy your phone from a dealer, corporate store, or *611?

when I called the csr asked me if i bought it from rogers or store
    If you have the phone through Rogers and need a replacement (refurb is after 15min of talk time and/or 30 days) then call tech support say you have a defective device. They will send you out a replacement via UPS. Mine usually arrives in 1-3 days max. And I ship the old one back with a bag they provide as well as waybill.

Rogers contracted phones have the benfit of a 1 year warranty coverage. If its not on contract you will need to go to the retailer you bought it from and play by their stated return policy and rules.

I figure I'm stuck with Rogers for a bit so signing a contract to have this exented warranty as well as a decent plan is worth it to me

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 04:46 PM
    I ordered mine from Roger *611. Got a wobbly one, called in and they are sending me a NEW one. I asked specifically if I would receive a new or refurbed unit and was assured it would be new. That was on the 12th. Still waiting for my shipping confirmation of my replacement.

At this point I think the phone is far to new for Rogers to even have refurbs to send out. Unless they are getting AT&T returned units....
    10-18-10 06:04 PM
    If on the back where the camera is it says Torch instead of 5 MP then you have gotten an AT&T torch. But I doubt thats what you will get because the AT&T torch was branded and the ones in canada are not.
    10-18-10 06:52 PM
    I ordered mine from Roger *611. Got a wobbly one, called in and they are sending me a NEW one. I asked specifically if I would receive a new or refurbed unit and was assured it would be new. That was on the 12th. Still waiting for my shipping confirmation of my replacement.

At this point I think the phone is far to new for Rogers to even have refurbs to send out. Unless they are getting AT&T returned units....
    if you didnt get a tracking number yet, i would call back. i did the same thing around the same time. they didnt have stock so it went on the backburner. called back yesterday and they canceled and replaced my order. should be here this week.
    10-18-10 07:11 PM
    After reading your threads i decided to check mine, and now more conscious of it. It seems to be a bit looser that when i first received it but nothing to be concerned about yet. I REALLY hope i didn't jump too quickly on this new style of BB.
    10-18-10 07:32 PM
    when you call *611, who would i talk to?
    tech support? billing? account changes? .....?

thx
    10-18-10 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD