Hi everyone!

I am one of the IT guys at my dept and im having constant calendar sync issues with a Torch from AT&T and our BES server. Email syncs fine, but calendar will sync then stop syncing while email still flows.

I have done the calendar wipe and reset fix using "RSET" in calendar options twice. I have updated the device to latest OS, removed device from BES, and reactivated it and it worked for about a week and broke again.

we have almost 100 users on the BES with no issues, but this one torch has been giving me nothing but problems for about 2 weeks.

i would greatly appreciate it if anyone can provide any insight or solutions that may solve this.

thanks in advance =)
    04-22-11 01:32 PM
    Did you call the Help Desk? (OK, cheap shot @ the IT guy).

Can you elaborate on the synch issue? Are events/meetings scheduled or changed in the mail client not getting to the BB? Or are meetings/events created or changed on the BB not getting to the mailbox? Or both?

Are there other calendars in synch, like Google?
    04-22-11 02:31 PM
    Did you call the Help Desk? (OK, cheap shot @ the IT guy).

Can you elaborate on the synch issue? Are events/meetings scheduled or changed in the mail client not getting to the BB? Or are meetings/events created or changed on the BB not getting to the mailbox? Or both?

Are there other calendars in synch, like Google?
    lol @ helpdesk. im 2nd level support anyways =P

the sync issue is very strange. we have our own BES server so it has successfully activated with email, calendar, and contacts sync. everything works fine, but calendar all of a sudden stops syncing. i check the BES server and last contact date was about a minute ago so it hasnt lost the connection.

i have fixed it twice temporarily by going to calendar options, typing RSET, which wipes the current calendar and resyncs it. after failing a 2nd time in about a week, i did a full backup, factory wipe, restore, and now it cant even get online.

mobile networks are on, but no data is being transferred which is really frustrating. i was able to initialize the enterprise activation via cable, but it cant finish until data is back. looks like i will have to wait for the user and sit down with him and talk to AT&T about the internet.

friday friday, fun fun fun.
    04-22-11 03:40 PM
    I would also ask your question in the BB Admin forum
    BlackBerry Administrators - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

good luck
    04-22-11 05:21 PM
    Set the calendar options on the bad device to Wireless Synchronization: Off. Do a battery pull. After it reboots, wait about 30 minutes and turn wireless sync back for the calendar on back on.
    04-23-11 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD