I also have this problem..Has anyone found out a solution yet ? Baterry pulls just wont work on my 9800.
    03-19-13 06:29 AM
    hello, if you manage to solve the trackpad showing as trackball issue, please let me know, im in the same boat as you, thanks
    03-22-13 03:50 AM
    Guys I'm having the same problem! I've re-installed many different versions of OS6, done over 50 battery pulls and still wont work, I really need a solution to this...please can someone help ALL of us out!! :'(
    03-22-13 07:17 AM
    Yes.. If you have any idea on how to solve this problem please let me know... I've done possible 100 battery pulls and I even factory resetted and wiped my device and reinstalled the os and it still wont work... Please help.
    03-24-13 07:17 AM
    Anyone try replacing the TRACKBALL! (Hee-hee!)
    Seriously though, could it be a 3rd party app that refers to a trackball that is messing things up? I am mostly tech illiterate, so takt anything I say with a grain of salt!
    Later,
    B.
    03-25-13 09:40 AM
    I had this problem about 3-4 weeks ago and somebody had posted somewhere out there that it had to do with 3rd party apps but I can't find the post with all the details. Anyway, I deleted all my 3rd party apps and did a battery pul and it went back to saying and functioning as a trackPAD. Was good for a few weeks and then it switched back to a trackBALL again. Ugh! So frustrating. So I am now deleting all my apps again and see if I can get to go back.
    04-15-13 02:07 PM
    I tried a security wipe and reset to factory settings and it still it still says trackBALL not trackPAD. Stupid &#^& phone!
    04-27-13 09:19 AM
    Weeeelllll....2 days ago I got stuck in a downpour and I had my phone in a string back pack which got totally drenched. My phone got wet and stopped working altogether. It dried out and started working again and so did the TRACKPAD!!! It's working like it is suppose to! WTH??? Don't know how long it will last but I really don't care because I was able to get a refurb Z10 for $49 with AT&T and they even waived the upgrade fee and express shipping. Loyalty has its benefits.
    07-18-13 11:44 AM
    You guys are OCD
    07-18-13 11:50 AM
    Hey there, I've battled with this problem for a few months. What has worked for me is a system reboot, either after deleting an app(which it forces) or allowing your battery to drain completely to shut down. This has worked for me 3 times(and once it didn't). Hope this helps someone..
    11-21-13 11:11 PM
    After 2 yrs and 10 months, my BB Torch 9800 trackpad stopped working. I read online that a software update may fix the problem. Updated the software (1st time I had ever done it) and it fixed the problem for about 3 days. Tried reinstalling the software and different versions of the software, and it's still not working.
    Torch is not my main phone now but if there is a quick cheap fix, I would like to fix it anyway.
    01-18-14 07:51 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD