I have tried repeatedly to enter my signature with line breaks and have failed. I tried typing manually into the signature field on my Torch, copy and pasting from a .txt notepad file emailed to the phone and copy and pasting from the memo pad on the phone. The only thing I notice is that when I send the email back to myself to test and I look at the underlying code that it wraps everything in paragraph tags. I've removed the tags and when I copy and paste back into the phone it automatically puts them back in. The strange thing is the <br> tags actually stay in after company title and the confidential part but are removed everywhere else. The signature I'm trying to create looks similar to this:

Some Name | Title
    Direct Number | Email Address

Company Name
    Sales Number | Fax Number
    Street Address | City, State Zip
    Company URL

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
    Some legal paragraph.

The signature as it reads in the email ends up looking like this:

Some Name | Title Direct Number | Email Address

Company Name
    Sales Number | Fax Number Street Address | City, State Zip Company URL

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
    Some legal paragraph.

This is frustrating, HELP!!!!
    04-15-11 10:17 AM
    Can anyone help?
    04-18-11 07:08 AM
    For what it is worth, I just tested my sig line and it recognized line breaks just fine. Are you using a Mac by chance to enter your sig online or are you using your BB to enter the Sig on the BIS?
    04-18-11 07:47 AM
    For what it is worth, I just tested my sig line and it recognized line breaks just fine. Are you using a Mac by chance to enter your sig online or are you using your BB to enter the Sig on the BIS?
    The OP said they were doing it from their device, not BIS.

My suggestion would be to log into the bIS website, and try your signature from there. I have line breaks in mine, and set it from the BIS website, and it works like a charm...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-11 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD