I've read from some that this has happened suddenly, as it has to mine. Has anyone discovered a fix besides getting a new phone?
    I have rebooted everything, plugged and unplugged, tried it in more than one computer and it's not recognized by either - so to me it's none of the trouble shooting points on the "if your computer doesn't recognize your phone." Also, when plugged into the computer it charges.

Thanks,
    Lauren
    01-03-13 09:07 PM
    You may aswell throw the phone in the bin.
    01-03-13 09:10 PM
    I've read from some that this has happened suddenly, as it has to mine. Has anyone discovered a fix besides getting a new phone?
    I have rebooted everything, plugged and unplugged, tried it in more than one computer and it's not recognized by either - so to me it's none of the trouble shooting points on the "if your computer doesn't recognize your phone." Also, when plugged into the computer it charges.

Thanks,
    Lauren
    before u thought of going OS wipe and reinstall, did u open desktop manager first before connecting your device to pc?
    i assume the phone is in good condition except for the connection problem right?

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-03-13 09:27 PM
    You may aswell throw the phone in the bin.
    You asked for help on Crackberry.com in a previous thread and you were given help. So, now why would you toss an unhelpful comment like that out there? I know you are only 20 but come on show at least the same respect you were given. Thanks
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    01-03-13 09:41 PM
    I had this happen on two computers; a desktop (Windows XP) and a laptop (Windows 7). Never got it to work on the desktop until I replaced the motherboard. On the laptop, I had to completely wipe out/delete every trace of the BlackBerry Desktop and BB OS (including in the Windows Registry....groan.....), then do a clean install of the BB Desktop.
    01-04-13 12:32 PM
    reboot your computer.. i get this everytime and a reboot makes it recognize the phone. Hopefully this helps you.
    01-04-13 07:23 PM
    I think the correct way to solve it is to log-off and then on to your computer and at the same time do a battery pull on the phone.
    The problem has happened to me as well on WIN 7 and solved it by doing what I already suggested.
    Recently updated to WIN 8 PRO and the problem has never reappeared.

Hope to help you...
    01-16-13 11:21 AM