I know this question has been asked before and it is surprising that I am just being affected by it now, but I can no longer enter a backslash (\) into the field for setting up an email account. I have accessed the account for a year now with no problems, but this time, when updating my acct login password, it failed to accept the url and user name for my BIS connection. I know the account and pswd are fine because they work for my playbook and they work fine in a browser as well.
    On the playbook the domain is entered into a separate field, but for the Torch 9800 mobile phone internet connections I need to enter 'na\first.last' where the na is the north american domain followed by a backslash then the login name. I have tried looking for the character and it is available EXCEPT when entering in that field. I have tried copy and paste but the paste function just enters the nafirst.last and skips the backslash (\) completely. It will however paste correctly anywhere else, just not that field.

It is strange that this was working for me the last time I updated my account info, but since that time I have updated to the newest rev of software so perhaps that is causing it. I have talked to my IT admin and he gave up.

My question is how can I enter a domain on a 9800 if there is no separate field and the account field does not allow backslashes directly or by copy and paste?
    Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
    06-13-12 02:48 PM
    Remember that backslash is a Windows convention and this is not Windows. Try a forward slash (/) which is used as the separator for most other systems.
    KevinDG likes this.
    06-13-12 06:06 PM
    Resolved:
    I found that the problem was totally related to my Outlook server. For load balancing they now have 2 servers and I was trying to connect to the original one (which my PB will attach to no problem). When the url for the second server was used, it connected.
    My thanks to those who made suggestions.
    BTW. For some weird reason, I was able to enter the backslash when I deleted the old account and created a totally new one. The dialogs were different than the one for editing.
    Last edited by KevinDG; 06-14-12 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Problem resolved.
    06-14-12 08:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD