After downloading some apps from app world my Torch crashed and is in constant reboot cycle. Reboot sequence lasts for 70% of progress bar then red LED stays on, screen goes blank, LED goes out then cycle resumes again.

Having already looked at post on how to solve a nuked BB issue, I thought this would help......however, when connecting phone(without battery as instructed) to PC via USB the apploader cannot establish connection where it states in the box. So I am stuck and cannot get any further.

Please help, I have been trying for 8 hours!!!!
    06-23-12 08:47 AM
    Happened the same thing to me.... But I don't know where u got that info, but to restore it, u need to download a different OS from the one that it currently has and also u need to have the battery on the phone, idk who told u to take it out.
    Keep the battey in and install a different OS, hope I could help
    06-23-12 09:36 AM
    Btw, try to do it via desktop manager, its easier with desktop manager than with ap loader to restore a nuked berry.... After its restored then use the apploader to upgrade OS
    06-23-12 09:38 AM
    Search for safe mode. If you can get your phone started that way, you can then delete the bad apps.
    06-23-12 09:53 AM
    Kbz1960, thanks for your reply, unfortunately safe mode hasn't worked. Reboot cycle carries on regardless.

Ciabo, I was referring to the Crackberry 101 lecture on how to restore a nuked BB. on the video it says disconnect battery and attach USB to PC to enable a 'catch' of the reboot before it starts cycle again and recognises the phone. Either way I cant follow the whole process through as explained above.

I already installed the latest version of the OS but it hasn't made a difference.
    Starting to get a tad miffed now!
    06-27-12 02:47 PM
    Did you restore anything back to it? How old is your torch? The battery could just be dead/done and you need a new one.
    06-27-12 03:23 PM
    My Torch is less than a year old and I haven't had any problems with the battery.

Phone doesn't stay connected long enough to enable desktop manager to do anything.

HELP!!!
    06-27-12 04:56 PM
    Download and install bbsak BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife , if on win7 open task manager and stop all rim/blackberry processes. I assume you have the OS for your phone installed on your computer and have removed both vendor.xml files and have desktop manager installed.

Run bbsak, right click and run as admin, and hit enter at the password prompt unless you havens password on the phone, choose wipe. When it is done go to where loader.exe is and run it.

If you don't understand something just ask. If you read the 101 you should get it.
    06-27-12 05:14 PM
    Cheers,
    will give it a go. I presume i will lose all data currently on the phone by following this?
    06-27-12 05:25 PM
    Yes you will. Hope you did a backup not long ago.
    06-27-12 05:35 PM
    I've just installed BBSAK and used task manager to stop all rim/blackberry processes. vendor.xml file already deleted and latest OS for Torch already installed.

When running BBSAK the phone will not connect to it so I am unable to wipe phone. I just keep hearing the connected/disconnected notification tone and a dialog box saying

'No Device Detected, Push OK to continue'

It does this no matter if I have the battery in my phone or not.
    06-27-12 05:53 PM
    Try running loader.
    06-27-12 06:31 PM
    Ok, some developments now.

The phone managed to stay connected to desktop manager long enough to start a device software update. Things started well until Error 507 Reload Software message popped up on phones screen.

So what do I do now?
    06-28-12 02:51 PM
    JVM Error 507 is not catastrophic. It simply means there is no OS on your device.

From here you should be able to follow the steps in the 101 you read to reload the OS
    of your choice.
    06-28-12 03:01 PM
    I had the exact same issue maybe 2/3 weeks ago. I searched everywhere & couldn't find anything that worked. I'll tell you what worked for me.

First of all, keeping the battery in won't help. This will keep the blackberry in an endless boot. What I did was to remove the battery and connect the device to my PC via usb. I used BBSAK to do an OS Wipe. Once the OS is wiped, you're basically good to go. You will probably get the 507 error. Its just a matter of reinstalling the OS & you're good to go.

My friend had a similar issue with his 9860. In his case, when the battery was removed, BBSAK couldn't connect at all to perform the wipe. What was vital in that case was to first start BBSAK on the PC, then place the battery in the phone. The instant the phone starts to boot, connect it to the PC (BBSAK would already be running.) Navigate to the OS wipe feature and run it. The aim here is to have BBSAK delete the OS before the boot process restarts.

Lastly, you can try using Desktop manager to upgrade the OS. You would attempt the upgrade while the phone boots. A part of an OS upgrade is to essentially wipe the previous OS for security and stability purposes. Its unlikely that the OS will be wiped and the upgrade will be done before the boot process restarts. What is likely is that the current OS will be wiped. As I said, once the OS is wiped and you get error 507... you're in the green. The phone will probably boot to a little over or under halfway & you'll get 507. At this point, you can use App Loader or Desktop Manager to install the OS.
    Last edited by XamiDami; 07-04-12 at 06:27 PM.
    Robbyskan likes this.
    07-04-12 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD