Hi all, I'm trying to get a friend's Torch working. There is nothing on the screen except a battery symbol with x on there. I tried a few batteries already. It never show the BB logo and it doesn't try to boot. It is NOT completely dead. Desktop Manager detects it and try to update the software. It always stops when it get to trying to connect to JVM. Disconnect and connect doesn't solve the problem. I tried to run the apploader directly but I can't locate where the apps are. The only ones I found are rejected by the apploader. Any suggestions?

ps: I see that other people with the same kind of problem have at least the BB logo and maybe the loading status bar but not in this case.
    07-02-14 03:53 AM
    07-02-14 09:14 AM
    Hi, thanks so much for giving me a fast reply!! I had done a lot of what you said and I still have the same symptom. I can't tell you what happened to the phone. My friend only use this phone when he is on vacation. He went to some exotic location alright. The reason why I think the phone is still rescuable is because the system recognize the phone and actually tried to reload the system software, I think apploader can't find the appropiate software and it stops. Jloader has not work so far as I only has 64 bit windows 8. I will try it on another machine today. My question to you is whether the phone is truly dead as DM tried to load the applications until it comes to reconnecting with JVM. Will that be a sign that the "brain" is still working and no h/w issue? Is it worth it as least try some more? Once again, thanks for the help!
    07-02-14 10:30 AM