Fear not, those who love the Torch form factor as it is. I have it, on very good authority, that the Torch 2 is exactly like the Torch 9800 (in physical appearance and function) but with the internal and OS upgrades which are to be expected.
    Last edited by pmccartney; 07-14-11 at 01:32 PM. Reason: took out stuff that apparently confused people
    07-14-11 10:29 AM
    ....I believe the question you are asking is:

Is the Torch 2 really a Storm 3 and the Torch 2 being called something else?

Did I capture it?
    07-14-11 10:40 AM
    There will be three Torch devices when all is said and done.. and at no point did anyone refer to the 9860 as a Torch 2.. the Torch 2 is / and always has been the BlackBerry 9810. That said, the BlackBerry 9860 is ALSO being branded as a Torch device.

I realize you created this thread in an effort to correct some of the confusion but it doesn't help when you yourself appear to be confused over the information as well.

PS:

Torch 2 / 9810 / Jennings
    Torch 9850/60 / Monza / Monaco
    07-14-11 10:40 AM
    ....I believe the question you are asking is:

Is the Torch 2 really a Storm 3 and the Torch 2 being called something else?

Did I capture it?
    I didn't ask any questions.
    07-14-11 10:59 AM
    There will be three Torch devices when all is said and done.. and at no point did anyone refer to the 9860 as a Torch 2.. the Torch 2 is / and always has been the BlackBerry 9810. That said, the BlackBerry 9860 is ALSO being branded as a Torch device.

I realize you created this thread in an effort to correct some of the confusion but it doesn't help when you yourself appear to be confused over the information as well.

PS:

On the contrary, I'm not confused but your posts tend to confuse a lot of people. You call the new device a Torch along with some #, which I understand is based on the information you have. I'm not disputing that at all.

All I am trying to point out (for the Slider loving Torch fans) is that at least one new device will still be called a Torch and it will be a slider, just like the 9800. Not that confusing.
    07-14-11 11:03 AM
    PS:

So this is the Torch 9850:

07-14-11 11:07 AM
    I didn't ask any questions.
    Yes...you didn't ask a question!....I shouldn't have phrased it as a question but as a restatement of the facts you put in your message!

I think RIM may be correct to eliminate the "Storm" moniker....I know there are hard core believers, but overall I think it might be a liability.
    07-14-11 12:45 PM
    So this is the Torch 9850:

I used to own that very car! To the OP, your post to me seemed a little unclear. I think Crackberry has been very clear in what the Torch 2 (9810) is, the Torch form with slider with upgraded internals. The other device is really the Storm form but due to all the bad press about the original Storm, RIM has wisely decided to call it the Torch Touch (9850/60).
    07-14-11 12:58 PM
    I thought we pretty much always knew that what we call the Torch 2 was just an updated Torch. We've known this for about 6 months.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-11 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD