I thought this was cool. The Torch was the first item in CNET's Top 10 Reviews of the week. "Here's our weekly roundup of the new products CNET reviewers liked best. "

RIM BlackBerry Torch 9800 (AT&T) image - Top-rated reviews of the week (photos) - CNET News
    08-08-10 04:04 PM
    " the RIM BlackBerry Torch 9800 and BlackBerry OS 6 offer much-needed improvements to stay in step with the competition, and keep BlackBerry enthusiasts happy."

Basically, no one from the iOS/Android camp wants this.
    08-08-10 04:09 PM
    " the RIM BlackBerry Torch 9800 and BlackBerry OS 6 offer much-needed improvements to stay in step with the competition, and keep BlackBerry enthusiasts happy."

Basically, no one from the iOS/Android camp wants this.
    And that is basically fine. Each company is allowed to develop their market strategy as they see fit. RIM apparently wanted to focus on their strengths and move into the consumer market at a comfortable pace (reliability appears to be their core focus).

May not attract many in the iphone/android realm. But will likely retain many BB customers (myself included) and pull over other smartphone and non-smartphone users.
    08-08-10 04:15 PM
    Well at least they did pull someone from the iphone camp, ME. I got my 9700 bc I just wanted a BB and then I found out about the Torch: BONUS!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-10 04:17 PM
    Well at least they did pull someone from the iphone camp, ME. I got my 9700 bc I just wanted a BB and then I found out about the Torch: BONUS!

I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday, he's had an iphone for 6 months and absolutely hates it. He said he wants a blackberry, so I told him about the torch and he said he'll definitely be dumping the iphone for it.

08-08-10 07:52 PM
    Another weiry user make the trip back from the Dark Side.
    08-08-10 07:54 PM
    Bonnie Cha is cool with BlackBerrys, she gets them.

08-08-10 08:44 PM
    Take anything with a grain of salt totalimmortal says as he loathes anything BB...nothing but a troll, how he and a few select others are still here is beyond me.

08-08-10 08:49 PM
    Bonnie Cha is cool with BlackBerrys, she gets them.

She got chewed up for her pre-release review of the 9550 back in the day. Heh.

08-08-10 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD