...My laptop is a core 2 2.5 GHz and my desktop is a Quad 2.9 GHz. I detect no difference in software performance from one to the other...
    How do you..."detect"? A quad will make a lot of difference if your software requires the additional cores. You can't simply compare clock speeds on PC CPUs this way as well - you have to factor in its architecture. But if you're talking about running notepad.exe of course there's no difference.

Anyway, 1ghz will be nice and not an overkill, provided that the operating system is not a POS.
    07-24-10 11:10 AM
    you have to factor in its architecture.
    Yes! Thank you!
    07-24-10 11:19 AM
    Anyway, 1ghz will be nice and not an overkill, provided that the operating system is not a POS.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-10 12:00 PM
    First off... I am (near certainly) making the jump to an android device with my September upgrade. But, in all honesty, it has nothing to do with spec chasing or me thinking that BBs are in any way inferior.

To be honest, I'm terrified that I'm going to miss that blinking lil LED, and that gorgeous portrait keyboard. It'll be a huge change for me.

But having cut my smartphone teeth on the 9000, I have a hankering for something new. Again, not because I dislike anything about my berry, but just to see what there is to be seen.

Objectively, I really should just grab an 9800, because its everything I want in a device, with bigger screen, so whats not to like. Well nothing. I'm sure its going to be an awesome device. The thing I see is that nothing in the BB line up is really anything more than incrementally different to my 9000. I mean, they've upped the power and that, but its fundamentally the same. Its an awesome thing for sure, just not when you want a new device to do a whole lot of different things.

The BB experience is always going to stay close to the same, because enterprise likes things that are just the same but better, and if I was buying a professional device, then I'd sure as **** stick with a blackberry. But, I guess very few of the things that make a berry a berry make THAT much difference to me.

So that's me. I just want something new. I still love RIM like my first girlfriend tbh.
    07-27-10 04:03 AM
    Congrats if you do make the jump =] You don't have to apologise for that, and don't let dumb comments from this forum dissuade you!

Just do proper research and read up on comments first.
    07-27-10 08:10 AM
    Well I really don't understand when people say: BB is for work the iphone/android is for play. Really?

With the iphone I can have push email just like the BB, and not to mentiom you don't have to press more, more, more.... If I need something quick: hit safari and find it. Reliable? I've had a 3G since it came out. Drop it sooo many times, few crack screens, yet the phone is still running well. Customer satisfaction: apple is great in that department. I remember when the first iphone came out my brother had the phone and it was heating up a lot. He returned it and they just gave him a new one. Three times. By the third phone everything was running smooth. Now for the people that feel safer with the BES vs reg internet provider, then I can't argue with that. But in my opinion for everyday, regular work, u don't need that. But again, that I can understand. But everything else u need from a phone for work u get in any of these smartphones. If you use BBM for work. Again is something u don't really need.
    There is no doubt that a Blackberry on Verizon is better suited for Business use than an iPhone on AT&T if not for the sole reason of being able to hold a phone call. Then, add in the fact that a BlackBerry has a keyboard that is much easier, faster, and more accurate than any Touch Screen device and you have another reason for it. Now, the security of the BES is without a doubt better than the security on an iPhone and when you are dealing with many other business people that have BlackBerrys, BBM is a very useful tool.

I'm not saying iPhones suck in the business world, but they aren't as good of a business tool.

Now, on to customer service. Now is not the time to be talking about Apple's Customer Service. They denied, ignored, then side stepped the recent antenna problems before taking it head on. First they said nothing was wrong, then they said nothing, then they told people to avoid holding the device in the way that degraded the signal, and finally after all of that, they are offering a free case to help avoid the problem. I'm not gonna say they have bad customer service, but they handled this recent problem terrible.

I had problems with my Tour and as soon as I called up Verizon, they sent out a new one to replace it. When I had a few problems with it, they sent out a brand new Bold at no additional charge (when Tours were still in stock). Granted that is Verizon's customer service not RIMs, but they way that RIM sells their phones (through Verizon), thats how it always works.

I'm not a fanboy like this post made me out to be, I am just playing devils advocate to your previously biased post.
    07-27-10 08:16 AM
    First off... I am (near certainly) making the jump to an android device with my September upgrade. But, in all honesty, it has nothing to do with spec chasing or me thinking that BBs are in any way inferior.

To be honest, I'm terrified that I'm going to miss that blinking lil LED, and that gorgeous portrait keyboard. It'll be a huge change for me.

But having cut my smartphone teeth on the 9000, I have a hankering for something new. Again, not because I dislike anything about my berry, but just to see what there is to be seen.

Objectively, I really should just grab an 9800, because its everything I want in a device, with bigger screen, so whats not to like. Well nothing. I'm sure its going to be an awesome device. The thing I see is that nothing in the BB line up is really anything more than incrementally different to my 9000. I mean, they've upped the power and that, but its fundamentally the same. Its an awesome thing for sure, just not when you want a new device to do a whole lot of different things.

The BB experience is always going to stay close to the same, because enterprise likes things that are just the same but better, and if I was buying a professional device, then I'd sure as **** stick with a blackberry. But, I guess very few of the things that make a berry a berry make THAT much difference to me.

So that's me. I just want something new. I still love RIM like my first girlfriend tbh.
    You defiantly WILL miss that blinking LED light!!! lol Anyway switch to the "dark side", you can always come back!
    07-27-10 09:33 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD