Back in January and again in April we were regaled teased with "leaked" specs of a supposed Torch 2 that was to come out Q3 2011, with a 1.2GHz processor and higher resoultion screen. Then at BlackBerry World the Torch didn't seem to get a mention, and the only news is a Bold Touch. Does anyone know if there's going to be a Torch 2 or has RIM already abandoned this form factor? This is my 3rd BlackBerry phone (8820 & Bold before) and I have the PlayBook-so I feel the least they could do is let us know what's up with the Torch platform!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Xerxes10; 05-11-11 at 10:41 PM. Reason: typo
    05-11-11 03:34 PM
    I think it'll eventually land on planet Earth, we'll just have to wait a bit more. Just like the Blackberry Touch that was rumored and got so many people go haywire when Blackberry World Conference ended and they still haven't heard anything on this device yet.

Just sit tight, it'll gonna be a rough ride.
    05-11-11 03:43 PM
    you might have more luck / input in the "torch 2" forum, under the rumored devices headding... perhaps one of the mods can move this thread there for you, to get some better answers from the people who will know "for sure"

http://forums.crackberry.com/f236/

05-11-11 04:53 PM
    (This would be far better suited in one of the rumoured device forums?)

I think the Torch 2 will hit eventually, but I think RIM are going to take their time with the next gen and really make sure it's done properly. They've done a good job with Torch 1 (far better than Storm 1) however people are expecting a lot from Torch 2 that we didn't see in Torch 1, and so therefore I'd rather they take their time.

As for just releasing information, RIM continue to stand by their "we don't talk about upcoming products" stance, and will do so for quite a long time. We saw the device in the 2011 Roadmap, and if it was cancelled, we'd end up with news regarding that change, so for the time being, no news really is good news.
    05-11-11 07:12 PM
    Thanks all for the info/responses!
    05-11-11 10:42 PM
    Don't forget, too, that at last year's WES (what is now called BlackBerry World) at the end of April, three phones were announced. The Bold 9650, the Pearl 3G 9100, and Curve 3G 9300. All were supposed to be out in the following month of May. I think they didn't actually show up until June. And AT&T didn't offer the Pearl and Curve until October - 5 months late.

But the Torch was not mentioned at all. Not a peep. And it was out by the end of August.

So I wouldn't think too much of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD