Kyleresq-I could be wrong on this one, but even if they were to get the browser etc up and running if you would be on TMobile you still wouldnt be able to use 3G. Someone with more knowledge then myself could answer this better or with 100%, but I thought I read that the 3G just wouldnt work..again I could be wrong.
    08-13-10 12:32 PM
    Gene, in Atlanta, Tmobile has a 3G network. The rep I spoke with said she thought it would work but word around the stacks is that it won't. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 12:35 PM
    Gene, in Atlanta, Tmobile has a 3G network. The rep I spoke with said she thought it would work but word around the stacks is that it won't. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm in the engineering screens as we speak, in the "Radio Capabilities" Section. Under UMTS Bands 1,2,5 are active. Theres an option to enable 1,2,5,6 (also Enable TMO emergency Ussd) but neither of the options work which leads me to believe that the Hardware doesn't have 1700mhz built in, It's not just hidden, it doesn't exist on this radio version.
    08-13-10 12:39 PM

Jeez, how many times does it have to be posted that the Torch absolutely, positively cannot work on T-Mo's 3G network because the HARDWARE in the Torch is designed to work on the different frequency of AT&T's 3G network? There is nothing T-Mo can do to change this -- or "support" the Torch other than with EDGE.
    08-13-10 12:43 PM
    Tmob should have invested the money to develop it like at$t did then! They're an android carrier now anyway, I don't think they really give a crap about us BB folk.

They are still the only USA carrier that supports UMA on BlackBerry.

08-13-10 01:09 PM
    Jeez, how many times does it have to be posted that the Torch absolutely, positively cannot work on T-Mo's 3G network because the HARDWARE in the Torch is designed to work on the different frequency of AT&T's 3G network? There is nothing T-Mo can do to change this -- or "support" the Torch other than with EDGE.
    Exactly. An unlocked ATT 9700 on T-Mobile will not work on 3G either.

08-13-10 01:11 PM
    as much as I hate to admit it, Torch is useless with Tmo when it comes to internet browsing and related apps. I even spoke with RIM last night and was told that only if or 'when' TMo would offer this phone or the 0s6 will it have the posibility to work. And yes, forget 3G.....I really don't want to return it because is such an nice device....it's selling good on ebay though (can't understand why) more than what you get it for at the store.....if you plan on returning it....why not make a couple hundread bucks
    08-13-10 01:45 PM
    Go check my new thread. Everything working!!!!!

08-13-10 01:48 PM
    I believe Xandermac is absolutely correct. It will never work on T-Mobile's 3G, as it does not contain the 1700 band that T-Mo uses. To get 3G, you'll either have to jump ship to AT&T, or wait for a T-Mo version of the Torch, which may come out eventually. Personally, I'm hoping for the old Onyx 2 - the OS6 version of the Bold, also with touch-screen.
    08-13-10 02:02 PM
    Ok, so my plan may be to buy an unlocked torch, use it on TMO on EDGE until my contract is up, and then move to ATT free and clear with my phone OR trade up to whatever is new and cool. It's too bad this has to be so difficult but I have wanted a touchscreen BB for years and TMO is just not getting them.

08-13-10 04:01 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD