I was thinking maybe third times the charm but I'm noticing this screen when it has a white backgrounf has a yellowish tint to it and my other 2 did not seem to have that issue. Am I crazy or have any of you notoiced that on yours? Or are they all like that and I'm thinking mine wasn't before b/c I just did not notice? Lol. I know this is nitpicky but esp when u buy the phone at full price not the contract u want it to be free of flaws.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 06:14 PM
    I'm on my 4th all cuz of battery issues. If I have to swap again I'll cry, I love this phone

08-24-10 07:19 PM
    I'm on my 4th all cuz of battery issues. If I have to swap again I'll cry, I love this phone

I feel your pain and I agree with you on the crying! I will too if I have to bring back another one.

08-24-10 08:34 PM
    I'm on my 12th Torch.

08-24-10 09:11 PM
    Numero dos! This one is working great so far!

08-24-10 09:14 PM
    I'm on my 12th Torch.

Wow that's one per day since launch...

Sorry I just don't believe you.

First it was 8, now 12. Who's next saying they've exchanged 24?

If you're finding that many faults, it's time to start looking elsewhere.
    08-24-10 09:24 PM
    Wow that's one per day since launch...

Sorry I just don't believe you.

First it was 8, now 12. Who's next saying they've exchanged 24?

If you're finding that many faults, it's time to start looking elsewhere.
    I guess ill one up too... I exchanged 13. Yup two in one day and 1 for every other day.

08-24-10 09:26 PM
    I guess ill one up too... I exchanged 13. Yup two in one day and 1 for every other day.

Then why in your previous post did you say you were on your "dos"? Let, me guess , you meant it was your 2nd in one day.

Sorry I just don't believe anyone has the patience to exchange 13 phones in 12 days. I call bull.
    08-24-10 09:41 PM
    Legit problems are one thing but that many seems a bit hard to believe (more than 2). Keep it up as all you are doing is creating a refurb stock for us to get for like $25 down the road after the hype settles down. Why not try the device in a store so you have a good before you leave? **** after reading the slider wiggle threads, I tweaked every slider in a corporate store before saying gimme one and then I tested all the basics before leaving the store. Now all I need is a leak!
    08-24-10 09:43 PM
    I'm on my 12th Torch.

i'm still waiting for PICTURE of the purchase order of your company for 1,200 iphone 4.
    08-24-10 11:40 PM
    The Torch uses the same LCD as the Storm and the Storm has always had two versions...one with a warmer yellowish tint and one with a cool bluish tint. Guessing that's what you are seeing.
    08-25-10 12:19 AM
    Sometimes jumping on the "let's go get the new best gadget as soon as it is released" aint a good idea after all, its common sense that whatever newly released gadget WILL have more issues then one gadget that has already been released for a couple months.

The moral of this, is that YOU should be well prepared for issues to arise with whatever gadget you buy when its released on the first day. Not one single company will release a flawless gadget on the release day, will SOME get a gadget that is kinda issue free...yea n no.

Those who are fortunate enough not to expirence issues right off the back aren't safe either, down the road there could be issues. How I see it is that we the CONSUMERS are pretty much BETA testers in a larger format then individual paid BETA testers.

I will say this like I always do to people/friends/family, just wait till 2-6 months for the new gadget , so the company can collect user data about issues with software/hardware/OS and etc for them to fix those issues and release an updated version of the gadget.

I'm done, sorry if this went off topic but had to be said.

08-25-10 12:32 AM
    Not one single company will release a flawless gadget on the release day, will SOME get a gadget that is kinda issue free...yea n no.

with the exception of APPLE.
    No, they will never release any device that has a defect... NEVER.
    and i NEVER have to exchange 3 Macbook Pros just to get a working one.
    08-25-10 02:31 AM
    Then why in your previous post did you say you were on your "dos"? Let, me guess , you meant it was your 2nd in one day.

Sorry I just don't believe anyone has the patience to exchange 13 phones in 12 days. I call bull.
    You would be correct! I guess the sarcasm didn't come across. I am on number two and it works really well too. I agree though and wonder how anyone could exchange 12 phones in 12 days. Especially when I recall reading a post by that person that their company was ordering 1200 Iphones and they wouldn't get a torch.....

08-25-10 07:48 AM
    The Torch uses the same LCD as the Storm and the Storm has always had two versions...one with a warmer yellowish tint and one with a cool bluish tint. Guessing that's what you are seeing.
    I noticed that too. My storm from Hungary had a blue tint and when I got a referb later it had a warm tint to it from Mexico.

08-25-10 08:08 AM

I don't usually call bull in situations like this. I usually cry OCD or severe user error or unrealistic expectations.

08-25-10 11:02 AM
    Sometimes jumping on the "let's go get the new best gadget as soon as it is released" aint a good idea after all, its common sense that whatever newly released gadget WILL have more issues then one gadget that has already been released for a couple months.

The moral of this, is that YOU should be well prepared for issues to arise with whatever gadget you buy when its released on the first day. Not one single company will release a flawless gadget on the release day, will SOME get a gadget that is kinda issue free...yea n no.

Those who are fortunate enough not to expirence issues right off the back aren't safe either, down the road there could be issues. How I see it is that we the CONSUMERS are pretty much BETA testers in a larger format then individual paid BETA testers.

I will say this like I always do to people/friends/family, just wait till 2-6 months for the new gadget , so the company can collect user data about issues with software/hardware/OS and etc for them to fix those issues and release an updated version of the gadget.

I'm done, sorry if this went off topic but had to be said.

We all know that but that's what forums are for and if you don't like everyone talking about the problems then don't read them. Let those of us that want to discuss it do that. I love my phone for the most part but just need to vent on here sometimes and I'm sure others feel the same too.

08-25-10 11:26 AM
    I noticed that too. My storm from Hungary had a blue tint and when I got a referb later it had a warm tint to it from Mexico.

Yeah this one is from Mexico. So I'm not crazy! Lol. Prob easier on the eyes anyway with the warmer tint. At least ill tell myself that. Lol.

08-25-10 11:30 AM
    You get used to after a bit. Eventually you will think that the cool tinted ones are the ones that are odd, lol.

08-25-10 11:38 AM

When your phone slides up it isn't broken. Its actually a keyboard.
    And the little hole on the side is a charging port.
    And did you know that your phone isn't missing a trackball. Its actually supposed to be a trackball.
    And remember, the phone does not operate underwater.

08-25-10 12:11 PM
    this thread is becoming more of an entertainment..
    not that i'm complaining..
    and by the way.. i'm on my 231st Torch..
    that's the number of torches i have played with since Launch day..
    including demo phones, my friend's, my family etc etc.
    as for my own torch.. it's the same one that i got since the 12th
    08-25-10 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD