Is there a way to disable the accelerometer? Either through a system or a third-party app?

I use the phone almost entirely in portrait mode, and the accelerometer is generally way to sensitive for me...

Instead of sliding open the keyboard to ensure that it stays in portrait, is there an easier way?
    05-13-11 08:00 PM
    There are several 3rd party apps that can initiate an orientation lock. The best of these IMO is Six-Tools by Forums Moderator Shao128.

You can pick it up at AppWorld, the Crackberry store or http://www.shao-soft.com
    05-13-11 08:16 PM
    I use this one ... BlackBerry App World - TiltOff - Stop Screen Rotation

I really love this Application. Best $0.99 I ever spent.
    05-13-11 11:50 PM
    Doesn't QuickLaunch also have a tilt lock?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-11 12:05 AM
    at some point I will figure out how to do this and will release a free app for it, I'm tired of having this option, not a standard option on blackberry.
    05-14-11 05:28 AM
    There already is a free app for it. just google orientation lock. Took me a while to find it, but all it does is add a global lock to your menu. Press the lock button to lock in whatever orientation you have the phone in, press the menu key again to unlock it. simple as that.

I liked six tools a lot for this function but with subsequent OS updates, six tools has become way to buggy for my liking(screen blanks out when potting it on the cradle, menu wouldn't come up while on the cradle, and just general bugginess I didn't even realize was sixtools until i uninstalled it).
    AcADIeN likes this.
    05-14-11 07:50 AM
    Quicklaunch. In addition to being a kick a$$ app, it has that feature

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-11 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD