About 2wks ago my text'g icon on my home screen simply disappeared. It literally was there one day and gone the next. I did a little research about this and found a couple of possible fixes that did not work. I finally gave up and decided to download a free text app (crunchSMS). I really like this new app, however... now every time I get a text message, I get (2) message notifications. One from crunch and one from my original (now missing) text'g app.

I'm fine with moving on and just using the crunch app, so I'm not concerned with fixing the missing icon issue. How the **** do I turn off the notification from the missing one and just get the notifications from crunch though?

Help!!

Thanks
    BJ
    12-02-11 10:58 AM
    Why not just do a quick OS upgrade real quick? It may help your phone in more ways than just recovering the message icon. Make sure it didn't accidentally get hidden too.

As for turning off the notifications, I don't know if those can be disabled or not? If you have a torch, can't you just click the bar in the top between the Sound Icon and Search? That should bring down a list full of stuff, w/ the messages in it.
    12-02-11 11:49 AM
    I did a little research about this and found a couple of possible fixes that did not work.
    Care to elaborate so we don't waste each other's time?
    12-02-11 01:13 PM
    My research turned up the same as I've heard hear already... update the OS.
    Didn't work.
    12-02-11 03:06 PM
    If you're using crunchSMS, go to your firewall and block text messaging. You won't receive any more texts, but you'll probably still see that little icon.

You'll be able to receive texts through crunchSMS, just not the original text app.
    12-02-11 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD