Can someone give me detailed instructions as to how to make this happen. I used to be able to with my bold but can't make it work with the torch.
    07-18-11 01:06 AM
    Its actually pretty easy,

1st: check that your phone has the correct settings on the TCP/IP option on your phone for the carriers you're using!

2nd: connect your phone to the pc, open the DM and configure the mobile internet on the DM as u did with your bold before

3rd: initiate the mobile internet and enjoy

Btw, I am currently using my torch BIS conection to start mobile internet as well but I'm having and issue that my phone is fully giving to the pc the BIS connection so the phone is not having data at all while its tethering, I even upgraded it! And is still doing it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-11 08:14 AM
    Hi 'O2'

Are you using Orange in the UK? What TCP/IP options are you using, and how do you set up?

Thanks!
    07-19-11 03:01 AM
    No I'm not orange UK I'm orange DR(dominican republic) so I wouldn't know the TCP/IP for your case! : /

But u can call ur carrier and ask for the APN settings

In order to sep it up as soon as u have it do the following:

Go to options
    Then go to device
    Then advanced system settings
    Then TCP/IP

Then checkmark APN authentication and in the APN field add the APN adress provided by your carrier

Ask then as well if there is any other action needed, in my case I had to send a sms to a certain number to completely activate the thethering and then restart my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Lauriecad likes this.
    07-19-11 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD