Hello...

Another nbee...this time an old gray haired one...

Anyone have an idea when the TETHER APP might be on sale for half price again...?

thanks
    01-02-11 09:28 AM
    Hello...

Anyone have an idea when the TETHER APP might be on sale for half price again...?

thanks
    No clue, but I have noticed that it goes on sale around most holidays. I got tether a few days before Christmas for $30. Just keep checking the deals of the day and specials on the crackberry app store and you're bound to find it on sale soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-11 09:35 AM
    Thanks...I'll keep my eyes open. Both myself and my son want to get it....
    01-02-11 09:40 AM
    Thanks...I'll keep my eyes open. Both myself and my son want to get it....
    It is an absolutely great app. Like you, I had been waiting for it to go on sale and finally found it for $30. I wanted to pay $20at the most but a deal is a deal. Have you used the trial version of tether yet?

01-02-11 09:53 AM
    No clue, but I have noticed that it goes on sale around most holidays. I got tether a few days before Christmas for $30. Just keep checking the deals of the day and specials on the crackberry app store and you're bound to find it on sale soon.

Lol I just checked my email and tether just sent me an email sayin tether is on sale for $30 on their site. The deal runs until tomorrow so go check it out!

01-02-11 10:18 AM
    I don't get the point of a tether app, the device can tether without it. Explain this to me, I'm probably missing something.
    01-02-11 01:13 PM
    Well it is 50-20 dollars up front and that is it, it uses your blackberry data plan instead of charging you a monthly subscription to use tether through your service provider each month. Most cell companies charge you to tether every month. I know verizon charges 30 bucks a month just to tether. So basically you pay for the tether app once and it has already paid for itself in one month if you were going to pay to your cell provider every month.
    The_Shawn likes this.
    01-02-11 01:37 PM
    It is an absolutely great app. Like you, I had been waiting for it to go on sale and finally found it for $30. I wanted to pay $20at the most but a deal is a deal. Have you used the trial version of tether yet?

I don't think I need the trial...just going to buy it. I used the verizon version for about a year (4 years ago, cost me $15/mo) b4 getting an air card...it worked fine, so I am confident....especially after reading all the positive reviews.
    Last edited by graymule; 01-02-11 at 04:13 PM.
    01-02-11 04:11 PM
    Lol I just checked my email and tether just sent me an email sayin tether is on sale for $30 on their site. The deal runs until tomorrow so go check it out!

I will...thanks....!!!!
    01-02-11 04:19 PM
    I recieved an email today (01/02/2011) from "Tether" and the price for today only is ($29.99) that's 20 bucks off!! Here's the address "http://tether.com/blackberry/order""
    01-02-11 04:21 PM
    Hello...

thanks
    I recieved an email today (01/02/2011) from "Tether" and the price for today only is ($29.99) that's 20 bucks off!! Here's the address "http://tether.com/blackberry/order"
    01-02-11 04:27 PM
    Thanks everyone...I managed to get tether under the wire for $30 last night. I have it sitting in desktop on my laptop and don't have a clue what to do with it. Just got my torch yesterday and barely know how to turn IT on...ha!

I have att coming thursday (earliest) to turn on DSL, then I will need to install my micro cell b4 I will attempt to install tether. Any advice would be appreciated...!!!!

Thanks...!
    01-04-11 03:30 PM
    You don't need to purchase the tether app... I did it myself and posted...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/so...orch-t-571969/
    01-05-11 10:50 AM
    Goafer...thanks for the info. I will try it when I get more familiar with the torch....
    thanks again for responding...!
    01-05-11 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD