This is a little different than my old blackberry curve. On the curve, when I set a photo as my default background, it fit the screen quite nicely. On the Torch, it zooms in to a part of it, likely the part I don't want, won't rotate, and comes off pixelated. I can't seem to find controls to fix it.
    01-09-11 08:04 PM
    One of the suggested options was to copy the photo from camera pictures folder to another folder and set it as wallpaper from there. Worth a try.
    01-09-11 10:08 PM
    That seems more complicated than it should be. It worked fine on my two previous blackberries. I'll consider this a flaw that a future update will hopefully address, although a pretty big one...even if it doesn't disrupt operation of the phone.
    01-10-11 12:08 PM
    As suggested try moving the picture you want to your media card.

I always store photo's on my media card and all mine work flawlessly as home screen images.
    01-10-11 12:11 PM
    They're already on the media card. They save there by default. I'm also on the default picture size (medium).

I never had to play with these settings to get it to work right before. It's just one of those things that should work out of the box, because people like to customize the look of their blackberries pretty much right away, I think..

And I still can't get it to work..
    01-10-11 12:32 PM
    I know this sounds noobish and I don't mean it too... But have you tried a battery pull?

Ok, just tried this myself as i havnt done it in a long time(hooray for wallpaper changer pro) You do realize that when you first view a photo and then press the BB button and chose set as wallpaper that after it sets it(you have no notification it was set), it goes into zoom mode? It wants you to zoom then reset as wallpaper. So on the first press of "Set as wallpaper" just close out of the picture app and see if that is what its doing to you.
    01-10-11 12:36 PM
    homer,

Just tried that and made sure the photo was zoomed all the way out. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Maybe I should just get wallpaper changer pro?
    01-10-11 01:43 PM
    works when I go to settings > themes.. not directly from the camera software. At least I have a work-around. Thanks.
    01-10-11 02:06 PM
    When I set a pic as wallpaper, I go to my media icon>pictures>camera pictures then highlight the thumbnail and hit the bb button and select wallpaper. Portrait and landscape pictures are fine.
    01-10-11 02:13 PM
    That's weird. Mine works fine when I take a picture and try to set it as the wallpaper.
    01-11-11 12:25 PM
    Click your blackberry button, select options, change wallpaper, pick your picture.
    astorr likes this.
    01-12-11 04:27 PM
    Click your blackberry button, select options, change wallpaper, pick your picture.
    This worked for me, thanks.
    02-15-11 03:43 PM
    I had this same problem but instead of opening the picture from the thumbnail, you must select it (blue box around it) while still in the thumbnails and then select set to wallpaper.
    03-18-11 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD