And Does anyone know when Verizon have the torch?
    08-10-10 06:27 PM
    Actually many companies sell phones outright without a contract or a plan to someone without an account with that carrier. Rogers for example sells all their phones outright to anyone, along with Verizon, Fido, and WIND mobile which don't even have contracts on any of their plans.
    i'm trying to the explain to the op WHY certain AT&T stores have denied him - he was particularly upset about the fact that it didn't make sense to him, so I tried to explain the most logical reasoning behind it. I don't know any carrier's posted policies. I'm just trying to show the OP what the reasoning would be.

And a Verizon phone... I mean where else are you going to use it in the US? Sprint? =P
    08-10-10 06:37 PM
    i'm trying to the explain to the op WHY certain AT&T stores have denied him - he was particularly upset about the fact that it didn't make sense to him, so I tried to explain the most logical reasoning behind it. I don't know any carrier's posted policies. I'm just trying to show the OP what the reasoning would be.

And a Verizon phone... I mean where else are you going to use it in the US? Sprint? =P
    Haha I understand. AT&T employees are commission based and don't make any money when they sell phones outright. It's not just the carrier. My friend use to work at AT&T and he told me that he'd just say the iPhone was out of stock just so he didn't have to sell it without a contract.

BestBuy on the other hand doesn't care but apparently your paying more and your waiting longer? Not quite sure.
    08-10-10 07:34 PM
    Find a friend who has AT&T give him 500 dollars and have him get the phone for you. Problem solved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-10 08:05 PM
    And Does anyone know when Verizon have the torch?
    They won't.
    08-10-10 08:38 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD