Dear All:

I recently bought a Torch. I configured my gmail account without any problem: it immediatelly was up and running, my calendar was full and my contacts were there. It was perfect.

I am now realizing that when I make changes to my contacts, or add a contact, or add a calendar entry in my BB, it is not syncing into my google calendar and contacts.

I have checked and unchecked boxes in the syncronization options from the email account setup, but nothing. I have sent my service books, but nothing again. I checked bb forums, and didn't find much information.

Any suggestion? This problem, if not fixed, will probably make me change phone, as it is vital to have an up to date blackberry and google contacts / calendar.

Thanks a lot in advanced.
    03-15-11 09:43 AM
    Do you have the Google Mobile App on your phone? If so you can go into it, hit the "Apps" link on the bottom left corner. Scroll Down and you'll see "Sync". Hitting that should take you into the Google Sync app. Just hit the menu button and select sync now.

P.S. I cant tell if you've already done this, your description isnt too clear, but if you have sorry for wasting your time.
    03-15-11 02:00 PM
    I have exactly the same problem !!!!
    I have downloaded Sync and done all the ticking of boxes etc and any changes I make to my calendar on my BB does not sync back to my Google Calendar, however it does work the other way !!!
    It is driving me insane as I cannot solve it.
    03-15-11 02:38 PM
    Try this. Any time I have had a problem with Gmail Calendars NOT syncing this has always worked.

- Login to BIS via your computer.
    - Delete the Gmail account...wait a few minutes
    - re-add the Gmail account
    - Edit the account and checkmark which of the 3 things you want it to sync. Cal, Contact, deleted items.

Wait for the new service book on your Torch. Try making something new or deleting something old, from the Cal on your Torch.

PS
    no one needs to use the Google Sync app to sync Calendar and Contacts with a Torch.
    03-15-11 02:42 PM
    Thats really helpful, thank you.

How does it sync without Google sync ?

My Gmail is a corporate account so I dont think I have the option to do it this way ?

Also what does BIS mean ?

Sorry to be a pain !

Thanks
    03-15-11 03:00 PM
    Thats really helpful, thank you.

How does it sync without Google sync ?

My Gmail is a corporate account so I dont think I have the option to do it this way ?

Also what does BIS mean ?

Sorry to be a pain !

Thanks
    Ask your BlackBerry Admin or IT Dept about it if its corporate. They may or may not have group IT policies in place for company BB.
    Here is where you would sign up and login to add email account to your BB
    T-Mobile BIS

BlackBerry Internet Service. Everyone with a BlackBerry data plan has it.
    Last edited by pmccartney; 03-15-11 at 03:07 PM.
    03-15-11 03:04 PM
    good thread, i need to learn more about this.
    05-05-11 04:47 PM
    It's been awhile since I added an email but I believe when setting it up on the Torch using the email setup it asked if I wanted to synch at the very last step. That is how I synched with my gmail. If so you could simply delete the email off the phone then go in and set it back up and get to that step also. Worth a try.
    Of course this wouldn't be helpful to the OP and was more in reply to the person asking how to synch without the google apps
    Last edited by tumblingdice03; 05-05-11 at 05:34 PM.
    05-05-11 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD