My brother is switching from his iPhone to a BlackBerry which was given to him by a friend. Will he have to make any changes to his account? And will he be able to keep his unlimited AT&T data?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-11 10:42 AM
    well i dont think he would have to switch data plans it would be able to work on his blackberry if he is coming from an iphone but if he is not sure then can always call his service provider and ask
    05-13-11 10:50 AM
    Blackberries require a BIS data plan which is different than an iphone data plan. So yes he will have to change his plan.
    05-13-11 10:55 AM
    I don't like the Iphone, but I would be apprehensive to switch plans if you have an unlimited plan with ATT. I would prefer unlimited data over a new phone.

05-13-11 11:23 AM
    WRONG

I had an 8900>iP3G>Torch

call att have them switch you over
    DO NOT LET THEM CANCELL YOUR UNLIMITED PLAN

I had to call 2x and got someone who knew what they were doing

we are grandfathered into the Unlimited plan....and who knows if they will ever come back...whether you use that much data or not....its worth the piece of mind
    05-13-11 11:26 AM
    I agree with jlspeed29. You need to switch over to a BB plan but in doing so, make sure they don't take your data plan away.

I went from a 8300 > iphone 3gs > Torch. I've been able to keep my unlimited data plan.

Personally, I would go into a store if one is near you. It seems less frustrating to work things out face to face rather than talking over the phone.
    05-13-11 11:30 AM
    I agree with jlspeed29. You need to switch over to a BB plan but in doing so, make sure they don't take your data plan away.

I went from a 8300 > iphone 3gs > Torch. I've been able to keep my unlimited data plan.

Personally, I would go into a store if one is near you. It seems less frustrating to work things out face to face rather than talking over the phone.
    I did the same... You can keey your same plan because you had BIS on your curve. You don't need to remove BIS when switching to to a non-blackberry smartphone, as other smartphones do work on a bb data plan.

For the OP, you don't nessicarily need to switch your plan, but you will have to add BIS service through your carrier, as you are coming from a non-blackberry device/plan

Welcome to the family

05-13-11 12:27 PM
    ouch...........
    05-13-11 03:43 PM
    smart phone to smart phone no matter what make, you are grandfathered in. thats what I was told by att
    05-13-11 03:46 PM
    I recently put up my iphone 4 and went back to my Torch. I just kept the same $25, 2GB data plan because I don't use any work e-mails on it (just gmail) Not sure how the unlimited plans work bc I know you can carry it over as long as you continue to have an iphone. Don't think it works if you go to BB. But hey, can't hurt to ask. Good luck to ya.
    05-13-11 04:13 PM
    Greetings everyone!

After having used an iPhone 3G for almost 3 years and was due for an upgrade anyway, I decided to switch to a white Blackberry Torch 9800 earlier today! It has been a bit of a learning curve, but my first impressions have been positive. Just at a curiosity, how have other iPhone switchers been managing the Blackberry transition, and what are some of the key things you could suggest a new Blackberry user like myself? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Cheers!
    05-13-11 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD