I thought I would miss the sure press feature of my storm 2 but I'm having no problems with a capacitive screen. If anything I'm faster when usung the on screen keyboard. OS is really a good step in the right direction, I'm still getting used to it and liking everything about it. Best thing about this phone is no more clicking noises from surepress in the middle of the night waking the girl friend up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by pmanchin; 04-07-11 at 12:52 AM.
    04-02-11 11:55 AM
    Welcome to the Torch family. The joy of the device gets better as the days go by.

04-02-11 11:59 AM
    Welcome would recomend a agf grt cases.

04-02-11 12:22 PM
    I have to say, I have had the Torch for about a week now and the more I use it, the more pleased I am with it. I thought my Storm 2 was something, this Berry blows it out of the water. There are just numerous ways to use it to how YOU are comfortable using it. Whether its trackpad or the touch screen, the virtual keyboard or the qwerty. OS 6 really is I think what makes this device so great. The fluid and smooth transitions are just eye pleasing. This is my 4th blackberry and so far, my favorite. (Sorry 8130,9630,9550)

04-07-11 12:50 AM
    I was in the same boat, and completely agree that the Torch blows the Storm out of the water in just about ever respect. The occasional time I go to check something on my old Storm it reminds me how much I loved and miss surepress! Still would never look back though...
    04-07-11 09:38 AM
    I was in the same boat, and completely agree that the Torch blows the Storm out of the water in just about ever respect. The occasional time I go to check something on my old Storm it reminds me how much I loved and miss surepress! Still would never look back though...
    I still have my Storm for business and the Torch is my personal device. I find now using my storms sure press to be a bit irritating. Capacitive is just better in my opinion and I was a die hard sure press fan.

04-07-11 10:12 AM
    I thought I would miss the sure press feature of my storm 2 but I'm having no problems with a capacitive screen. If anything I'm faster when usung the on screen keyboard. OS is really a good step in the right direction, I'm still getting used to it and liking everything about it. Best thing about this phone is no more clicking noises from surepress in the middle of the night waking the girl friend up.

I totally agree with you.
    04-07-11 11:02 AM
    Nobody misses surepress, not even RIM!
    04-07-11 11:06 AM
    I found SurePress to be a complete backwards move for RIM. Especially coming from an iPhone, I tried out the Storm a while back and it was just horrible. Glad you enjoy your new Torch though!

Cheers.
    04-07-11 11:21 AM
    I'm glad you guys like your current phones, but I have to say that the reactions I used to get from other users (especially iPhone) when trying Surepress for the 1st time was priceless.

IMO the failure of surepress was down to lack of proper marketing. Guaranteed if Apple had come up with it and marketed it everyone would want it on their phones...
    04-07-11 11:36 AM
    IMO the failure of surepress was down to lack of proper marketing. Guaranteed if Apple had come up with it and marketed it everyone would want it on their phones...
    That doesn't explain why RIM dropped it on Monaco. If it was that good, they'd keep it.
    04-07-11 11:59 AM
    That doesn't explain why RIM dropped it on Monaco. If it was that good, they'd keep it.
    Essentially it's because commercially the Storm line was a failure. It's hard to come back from something like that, and makes more sense to start fresh with a new product in order to not hurt sales out the gate.

If it was originally marketed properly I think it could have been a great success (once they updated the technology in the S2). Alos have to keep in mind that back then RIM wasn't pushing their products - they relied on the carriers to market for them. It's only with the recent Torch and BBM spots where they have been...
    04-07-11 01:01 PM
    Essentially it's because commercially the Storm line was a failure. It's hard to come back from something like that, and makes more sense to start fresh with a new product in order to not hurt sales out the gate.

If it was originally marketed properly I think it could have been a great success (once they updated the technology in the S2). Alos have to keep in mind that back then RIM wasn't pushing their products - they relied on the carriers to market for them. It's only with the recent Torch and BBM spots where they have been...
    Well, even the torch commercials have dropped off. I saw one ad for Style and one for 9780. Storm was a failure in more than just the advertising arena. Having had both 9530 and 9550, I'm glad they dropped it for Storm 3, but I'll never buy it.
    04-07-11 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD