I have a 500MB data plan. I've had a Torch since November and I don't think I've ever used more than 200MB a month. I have six apps installed; Shazam, Flixster, Poynt, BeBuzz, BeWeather, and VLCRemote.

I've had these apps for a couple months now so it wouldn't explain the data usage. I rarely use Flixter, I never use Shazam, I use Poynt maybe twice per month, I don't use GPS, BeWeather is set to manual update and I update maybe twice a day, and the rest don't use data. I don't send/receive files via BBM, and I rarely stream videos (maybe 1-2 YouTube videos per week). When using the browser I visit mostly wap forums, so data should be light (and it's always the same websites since I've had the device).

I got an alert on Sunday that I was at 75% of my data usage, and today I got another alert that I hit 95%. Somehow in 48 hours I've used 100MB. I haven't installed anything new or done anything differently with my phone.

What could be causing this?
    04-05-11 08:15 PM
    Hold down the bb menu button. What apps does it show as running? Did you forget to close an app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-11 08:29 PM
    Hold down the bb menu button. What apps does it show as running? Did you forget to close an app?

Nothing that is currently running is new this billing cycle. They're the same apps, and the only one that could use data is maybe BeWeather.
    04-05-11 08:30 PM
    Given your usage I am surprised that you even hit 200MB. I have trouble breaking 500 and I get 300+ emails a day, have a number of apps that pull a lot of data, and tether for 20+ hours a month. One of your apps must be doing it.
    04-05-11 08:34 PM
    I'll have to be more careful and use WiFi all the time. Most of my usage is at home so I'm sure I could avoid it, but I can't help think there's a serious underlying problem.
    04-05-11 08:50 PM
    I'll have to be more careful and use WiFi all the time. Most of my usage is at home so I'm sure I could avoid it, but I can't help think there's a serious underlying problem.
    If its AT&T call them. I have seen people commenting on this issue before. Ask them to double check you numbers because you couldn't have used that much data.
    04-05-11 09:43 PM
    If you have your apps on as 'running in backround' it will refresh itself all the time? But either way seems to be too much data for just apps

04-05-11 10:15 PM
    Did you get this alert while browsing on your home wifi?

I only ask because I have rogers interner @ home, and it will pop-up on my laptop browser when I get to 75% of my home bandwidth, however, if I hit the 75% of my home internet on my bb, or iphone,(over wifi) I will get the pop-up on my device instead...

If your home internet and mobile provider are the same, perhaps this was the case...

I know it's a long shot..........

04-05-11 11:18 PM
    I noticed one time that my arrows kept flashing aka data kept flowing for no reason and I went through my data like it was nothing.. I reloaded the OS and I haven't had an issue since. Maybe try that?

04-06-11 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD