Lately I see an unormal battery drain on my Torch 9800, like from 80% to 2% in a second...I thought it was a software issue (I had a similiar problem previously) and I update the software using the DM...but it happened again!!

What it could be?
    09-17-12 03:13 PM
    It just happened again..twice in one hour..it's crazy!! Nobody have some ideas? It could be the battery that need to be replaced? It's weird dropping from 80% to 2%, that's cause I thought it was a software issue..
    Last edited by FrankCM; 09-17-12 at 04:29 PM.
    09-17-12 04:24 PM
    It just happened again..twice in one hour..it's crazy!! Nobody have some ideas? It could be the battery that need to be replaced? It's weird dropping from 80% to 2%, that's cause I thought it was a software issue..
    It's most likely the battery. I also have a Torch 9800 that I've owned for about 3 years. It seems like the shelf life for those batteries is about 3 years.
    09-17-12 06:08 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ts-off-743612/

see the link above. what is your OS version? I experience the same thing as well.
    09-17-12 08:44 PM
    Right now I have the last one suggested by the DM, the .600, but until yesterday I had the .2-something...

Thanks for the link, now I'll try to inquire in that thread!
    09-18-12 02:25 AM
    I had the same problem...maybe its an app you installed or updated...think what you have done before the battery drain or delete all from the phone ...this will help

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-18-12 03:47 AM
    I had the same problem...maybe its an app you installed or updated...think what you have done before the battery drain or delete all from the phone ...this will help
    Actually after updating I installed just Facebook, Twitter and Whatsapp.
    The drain yesterday happened when I wasn't using the phone... today it happened while taking a picture with the camera; I tried to take more pics to see if happened again... but it didn't... I don't know it seems totally random!
    09-18-12 05:27 AM
    Little update: I just noticed that the battery... has a sort of... bulge! I found a new battery (it was hard... in my city every shop said "sorry, it's an old phone, we don't have that battery anymore"... but isn't it the same 9810 battery??...). Today I'll pick it up and hope to solve the problem!!
    09-19-12 03:38 AM
    One more update: I swapped the battery... and the problem is still there!
    I think there's nothing more to do...

I'm sorry cause I really loved this BB... I would go with a 9810...but I'm scared it could have the same battery problem!! (I would love the 9900, but I want the autofocus!!)
    09-19-12 04:57 AM
    wow, that sucks after a new battery, the problem still exist. have you try update to new OS?

yes, the battery model F-S1 is only for Blackberry Torch 9800 and Torch2 9810
    09-19-12 12:35 PM
    Same thing happens to me at almost the same time everyday for the past 3 weeks. The battery takes a nose-dive from like 80 down to 8 all at once and sometimes I'm not even using it
    It's not the OS and I've even gone back to the default theme for a day and it still happens. I'm not one for a lot of apps so other than WhatsApp, BatteryEx, Meterberry, and a couple of utility apps like QL and SixTools....all of which I've had for a long time. This is just very strange and is happening to more people than myself
    09-21-12 02:28 PM
    Does the battery actually die and shut down power to your phone? Could just be an indication problem. In the thread Gameson posted, there was mention about cleaning battery contacts. Do this with a cotton swap moistened (not wet) with rubbing alcohol.
    09-21-12 03:27 PM
    My Torch keeps doing this but I find that if I do a battery pull it goes back to telling me the actual charge? Sometimes this does not work- maybe a glitch?
    09-23-12 08:59 AM
    My Torch keeps doing this but I find that if I do a battery pull it goes back to telling me the actual charge? Sometimes this does not work- maybe a glitch?
    Sounds like a glitch to me. Software not reading the battery charge level correctly or battery contacts dirty producing intermittent signal. Has anyone contacted BB tech support about this?
    09-23-12 01:30 PM
    Mine does this too.

My phone will go from 75% charge to red zone. I plug it in and reboot, remove the power cord as soon as the phone has rebooted and I'm at 75% again.

I uninstalled some apps this weekend, one battery meter that I paid for that had half uninstalled itself and was acting all glitchy and weird. Seems to be behaving much better. Time will tell though because this drain is totally random.

Sometimes I can surf the web over 3g and it's no big deal, sometimes I can't.
    09-24-12 12:55 PM
    I finally gave in and bought a new battery Problem solved and no more sudden drop from 90 down to 4 in a second YAY !!!!
    I was just thinking that these 9800 torches are all getting to be about 2 years old now, maybe a bit more, so that's a long time on the original battery
    09-28-12 01:04 PM
    Yeah getting old. I'm waiting for the L-phone? I hope my 9800 holds up. Already changed the glass on it.
    10-10-12 01:07 PM
    This often happens to me after I use the camera. Not 100% of the time, but often enough.
    10-12-12 03:22 PM
    Lately I see an unormal battery drain on my Torch 9800, like from 80% to 2% in a second...I thought it was a software issue (I had a similiar problem previously) and I update the software using the DM...but it happened again!!

What it could be?
    This would be of help--->>> Extend your BlackBerry battery life!
    10-21-12 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD