Got BB Torch about 3 months ago. Love it. Wifi works at home and at other hot spots with no problems.

It was working at one hospital location and was able to hit the wifi at that location. I was transferred to another hospital location within our system and my torch won't even RECOGNIZE the wifi at this new location (exact same network). Other people around me at meetings are able to hit the wifi network. I even stood directly under a WAP with a solid signal (less than two feet away) and the phone doesn't "find" the network.

UGGGGHHHHHH. Any thoughts on a solution? The network here is open with no security at all. Thanks.
    03-08-11 04:07 PM
    I note this same problem at my local hospital. They have wifi I believe it is "g" band, it does not have encryption but once connected it directs you to a web page to accept their "terms and conditions" once you click "ok" it directs you to the internet and gives you an open connection. I can see the network and when I try to connect I receive a "failed to associate with network" error. I have tried putting the networkd in manually as well as scanning for it and adding it. It will not associate with the network and therefore fails to make a connection. A person running Os 5.0 can connect to it just fine. I am on a Blackberry Torch running OS 6.0.0.246. Any thoughts.
    03-28-11 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD