I have yet to get a clear answer for this I have seen "it should" about a lot of things. I would like not to see It should if possible. Does the straight talk sim card work on the Torch 9800\AT&T. I noticed that they don't give model info. on the StraightTalk site. At least not to my Knowledge. And with the no refund statement. And if I have to waste money I would rather it not be for phone services that have already taken the arm and the leg.
    07-04-12 03:12 PM
    Depends on your definition of "work" I suppose, the SIM will work on an unlocked 9800 but ONLY as a phone as StraightTalk does NOT offer any BIS services to go along with it despite being a reseller of AT&T/T-Mobile services.
    07-04-12 03:24 PM
    I have unlocked a Torch, Storms, and Curves. All but the Storms were AT&T phones. I'm running Cellular One sims cards but no data plans. I also have seen that straight-talk offers sim cards on the web but not at Walmart where the nearest outlet of Straight Talk supplier. I was curious what data plan, if any, would work.
    07-22-12 03:35 AM
    You need a BlackBerry Data Plan to enable all of the functionality. An AT&T unit may not get full 3G speeds on non-AT&T networks.
    07-22-12 09:05 AM
    The Torch 9800 is a GSM phone.
    It supports the right bands.. it will work for calls and SMS.
    Last edited by blackberry-unlocking710; 07-29-12 at 02:13 AM.
    07-29-12 02:09 AM
    I have a BB9700 and have yet to get MMS to work.. talked to StraightTalk help desk.. phone configured with all ON.. and still no connection to internet NOR any MMS pictures go thru on text messages.. My engineer says there will be NO MMS on BB over StraightTalk?????
    they say unlimited DATA.. but what is the definition of DATA???? not MMS text with pic attached..
    07-15-13 09:01 AM
    You need BLACKBERRY Data for MMS and also for Internet on BlackBerry. StraightTalk on AT&T does not offer BLACKBERRY Data.
    07-15-13 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD