It works fine on the Torch. No issues except customizing wallpaper.
    10-07-10 10:05 AM
    Here are my issues with BerrySlider so far - though I'm loving it and finding it better than PatternLock for my purposes.

Now that I'm off the Beta and on to the release version I have these issues:

1) Plugging it into the computer with the BerrySlider active: I choose from USB Drive, Media Sync or Charge Only and immediately my screen goes to the iphone battery with nothing but black on the rest of the screen. I cannot get out of this unless I unplug from the computer. I can turn the screen off by hitting the lock button but when the screen comes back on it's white. To avoid this just make sure to slide to unlock before plugging in to the computer.

2) Making changes in the battery or wallpaper options does not ask me to save/discard/cancel when hitting the back button to return to the main options menu. I have to press the BB button and select save or it automatically discards any changes.

3) Dim feature seems to be working well - I appreciate you adding this! It did take about 15 seconds when set to 10 though - and 8 seconds when set to 5. Not a big deal as 8 works for me.

4) I'm still hoping you find a good way to launch with the default lock hardware button. It seems to work great now with the autolock timer set to 0 minutes - perhaps you can tell it to do that only when the lock is engaged...I still hate having to have the autolock on as when I put the phone on my desk at work it sucks to have to slide to unlock every single time I get an email or anything. I just want it locked when I hit the hardware lock!

5) As in my previous post I'd love an application exception list where if that app is running, BerrySlider will not launch. That's how PatternLock does it and without it my FlashOn app is broken because it dims the screen on launch, launching BerrySlider, which turns off the flash light. On a side note, if you add the hardware lock launch feature I can turn off autolock and problem solved!

Thanks again for updating this app to work better with the Torch and OS6 - and thanks for letting me beta test it as I probably would have stuck to PatternLock if not. The grass is greener with BerrySlider and was worth my $$.
    6) I have the phone options set to no, 60, no respectively - so it should not lock when I use the phone. However, I called AT&T tonight and found that it was locked when I took the phone from my ear to use the keypad. Once I did the slide to unlock it did not lock again even though the screen was constantly turning on and off as I listened then used the keypad. I tried again twice after my phone call and found it to reproducible: it locks on first use but stays unlocked after that.
    10-07-10 10:49 AM
    It works fine on the Torch. No issues except customizing wallpaper.
    I was wrong. It works with customized wallpaper.
    10-07-10 12:43 PM
    Read the whole thread still no more info on the battery drain thing.
    10-12-10 07:10 PM
    Since updating to .284 I can no longer access the "battery options" in the BerrySlider options menu. On a seemingly related note, my screen no longer turns off by itself unless I disable or uninstall BerrySlider. Tried a few battery pulls and an uninstall/reinstall.

Anyone else?

That combined with the phone options not working at all - it locks the phone every time, as soon as I put it to my ear...has caused me to go back to PatternLock for now. I sent email and a private message to the developer imploring him to come back and continue to work out the bugs...
    10-25-10 04:23 PM
    Since updating to .284 I can no longer access the "battery options" in the BerrySlider options menu. On a seemingly related note, my screen no longer turns off by itself unless I disable or uninstall BerrySlider. Tried a few battery pulls and an uninstall/reinstall.

Anyone else?

That combined with the phone options not working at all - it locks the phone every time, as soon as I put it to my ear...has caused me to go back to PatternLock for now. I sent email and a private message to the developer imploring him to come back and continue to work out the bugs...
    Yes I know exactly what you mean. I use it because I like the look of it, but regardless of settings, it always locks the phone when I'm on a call... (Makes it hard to hang up!) and half the time it doesn't turn itself on when it's supposed to either. I have "lock on dim" set, but a lot of the time I have to turn it on manually.

I still use it, but it's annoying that it is so unreliable and unstable. I hope the developer finds the time to update the app because I like the look and the concept and you really have to have some kind of keyboard lock with the Torch...
    10-25-10 06:28 PM
    PatternLock is a lot more stable right now - I don't really like the way you have to carefully connect the dots so I have it set to just one dot...which is almost a little too easy to press by mistake.

PatternLock is the closest to accomplishing what I want...even though "launch behind default lock" doesn't work...it does lock when you hit the lock button. The problem is that it doesn't actually lock behind the default lock - the mute, volume up/down, convenience key and trackpad press still turn the screen on - but at least I don't have to have autolock enabled.
    10-25-10 07:13 PM
107 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD